Has *5 Widow been the answer to BRB/Kitty the whole time?

thedarkphoenix
thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
Playing the I Spy event even with a widow missing a cover, I've noticed that it's been much easier to knock out kitty BRB teams.

Gonna give it a run in the Sim a few times to see how it holds up.  :#

Comments

• WiDoW0042
    WiDoW0042 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Try Kitty+Valk against Kitty+BRB.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* widow does help against BRB Kitty teams especially if you fire Purple right after BRB fires his blue.  I do wonder how she will do against Bishop teams to with her passive stun.

in PVP I also like Kitty Professor X and Kitty IHulk vs BRB Kitty teams
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have never seen 5BW out in PvP that I can recall, before the I Spy event. Well, certainly not in a very long time. 

There is no way she makes sense other than “forced to bring a Widow”. Not with her AP costs. Not for me, anyway.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess she could be a solution to the problem. Only issue is she is a classic legend, so new players have a low chance to fully cover her any time so.....

For the select few that have her, yes she can beat that team with the right setup. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    5BW has always had decent total damage output and utility powers.  The problem was that she had no self-accel with expensive powers, so she is inefficient, and her contingencies are often hard to meet.  So it's conceivable that she is unusually strong against brbitty because you can rig the game in favor of meeting the most important contingencies (low ally health and enemy specials to make her purple cheap).

But she is still slow, doesn't heal, and will tank at least one color for active that you do want to use, so I can't imagine that she will be a great option when you don't have to use her.

Conveniently, (after leaving LTs at 10 covers in 2017!) the placement rewards from last event finally gave me 4* bw level 280, giving me BW #13.  So just in time?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    It's only countdowns that make her purple cheap, how many countdowns does BRB/Kitty put down at a time?
  • Vpregnon
    Vpregnon Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Hashbrown500 are you in this group