Strange Sights - Wand of Watoomb trivial wave not rewarding event token correctly - 4/23/20

Options
bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards

I played the first two clears of the "Power Overwhelming" wave and did not receive the Event token. In the past, I have seen instances of event tokens from waves not being rewarded until other nodes were cleared but I didn't get it after clearing multiple other nodes.

The reward display for this node continues to show that the event token will be rewarded, I am hoping it ends up being given out on the 3rd or 4th clear when I do my grind tomorrow. But the behavior is not matching past practices.

Maybe the fact that it's part of a new 5* release had something to do with it, and updating the rewards.

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

Yep - it's not just you. Usually the event token is rewarded on the first clear, but not this time.

I mean, as long as we get it by the 4th, it's not the end of the world by any stretch, but still.

• bluewolf
    Options

@mbaren said:
    Yep - it's not just you. Usually the event token is rewarded on the first clear, but not this time.

I mean, as long as we get it by the 4th, it's not the end of the world by any stretch, but still.

It matters little to me, ultimately, as long as I get it. But for some players it could be more important, especially newer people who find the waves hard to finish.

• Iridious
    Iridious Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options

As I'm only going for progression I played the node again straight away solely to get the token, got it on the 3rd clear rather than the usual 1st clear.

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

@bluewolf said:

It matters little to me, ultimately, as long as I get it. But for some players it could be more important, especially newer people who find the waves hard to finish.

This is true, but luckily it's on node 3, ie one of the "easy" nodes. So hopefully even newer players won't find it too hard. Though that said, I'm so far removed from what a new player experience is like, I genuinely don't know.

• bluewolf
    Options
    I *think* I got it in one of the last two clears on sub 1, but honestly forgot to check.

The same thing happened on day 2 for me in the Orb of Agamotto sub.