How many total covers in the game?

Devilsfriend69
Devilsfriend69 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

Does any1 know this? Or is it anywhere that I can find out?

Comments

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

Something in the 230s character range.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

There are 208 characters in game.

208 x 3 = 624

BUT there are a few 1’s with only 2 colors. 5 of them.

So in total, for now, that’s 619 different colored covers.

If you wanted to cover them all it’s:

203 x 13 = 2,639 plus 5x10 = 50 for a total of 2,689 covers.

We seem to be getting a new 5 this week so add one more character and 13 more covers.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

Don't forget the 50 or 100 covers you'll need to max champ each of those characters ranked 2* or higher.

• Devilsfriend69
    Devilsfriend69 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

So if I currently 52 1 to 5 star in my rosta I need to buy a hell lot more to be a ble to keep them all??

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker

Also, 2 & 3 star farms give resources to help. The recent rebalances have made it to where non-vets/whales will probably never get to post roster HP levels, so these rewards are more important than ever.
    If you are trying to figure out when you will be able to roster everyone, the likely answer is never.

• bluewolf
    edited April 2020

@Devilsfriend69 said:
    So if I currently 52 1 to 5 star in my rosta I need to buy a hell lot more to be a ble to keep them all??

I guess your real question was about how many characters are in the game (and roster slots you need).

The game's main revenue driver, I believe, is people buying HP to purchase roster slots. Or it was....hard to know for sure anymore.

If you have 52 rostered then yes, you need to buy a lot of roster slots before you have them all. About 156 slots to go.

The priorities are:

1. Roster 1 single 1* - Spidey is the best choice.
    2. Roster all 2's.
    3. Roster all 3s
    4. Roster the meta 4s
    5. Roster the "Latest" 4s (and maybe Latest 5s if you are playing in SCL7; otherwise you can wait on that)
    6. Roster additional 4's as they come up as PVE essentials
    7. Roster additional 5's as you can (starting with meta/better ones)

The "good news" is that there are huge numbers of characters that will do almost nothing for your game besides provide access to nodes (and hence points and rewards).

For 4s you will need each one every 94 days or so for the DDQ (and get 2 CP) which is nice but not necessarily a top priority.

In PVE you currently need "Classic" 4s (89 or so of them) every 2 1/2 years in PVE. So there's no rush in rostering the mediocre ones other than having access to 4E nodes.

The Crash is another consideration, but that's also on a very long cycle (about 475 days-ish).

• bluewolf

@krakenoon said:
    Also, 2 & 3 star farms give resources to help. The recent rebalances have made it to where non-vets/whales will probably never get to post roster HP levels, so these rewards are more important than ever.
    If you are trying to figure out when you will be able to roster everyone, the likely answer is never.

Hey, just spend like $500 or so and you can buy enough slots.

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker

Now time for the snarky answer...

There are an unlimited number of covers in the game but some of them will be duplicates. 8^)

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

@Rhipf said:
    Now time for the snarky answer...

There are an unlimited number of covers in the game but MOST of them will be duplicates. 8^)

Fixed it for you.