4* Punisher is not increasing strength of friendly strike tiles

HoundofShadow
HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

His passive ability increases friendly strike tiles by 25%, but it's not working.

I'm not fighting against Spiderman Back in Black, nor am I fighting against any opponent who can debuff or overwrite my strike tiles.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

Are you checking the actual damage done, or just looking at the tiles themselves? His buff doesn't show up in the tile information.

• HoundofShadow

That question hits the mark. I'm looking at the tiles itself. This is the first time I used Punisher. I'm too used to seeing those tiles being buffed up flashing. Do you know any reason why they don't reflect in the tiles?

• TPF Alexis

It's a constant passive effect, not a repeating buff/debuff like Kitty or Kraven. It doesn't buff them by that much each turn, just as long as he's active, they're that much more effective. Eddie Brock and BSSM work the same way with their debuffs.

• HoundofShadow

It seems that as long it debuffs based on percentages, it won't be showed on the tiles itself. On the other hand, Kitty/Kraven/Nico buffs/debuffs using specific numbers, so it can be "added up" on the tiles.

Thank you for explaining using those examples. It's much clearer now.

• TPF Alexis

It's not so much that it's percentage based as that it only applies while the character is active. If you stun or down Kitty or Kraven, the modifiers they've placed on various APS tiles will remain in effect (e.g. if Kraven has reduced all your protecs to 1, they'll stay at 1 after he's down). If you stun or down PunMax or Eddie Brock, the modifiers immediately cease (e.g. if Eddie has all your protecs reduced to 1, and you stun or down him, they'll immediately return to their stated value). The value shown when you check the tile is what it would be if there were no characters modifying it right at that moment.

• HoundofShadow

I get it now. Thank you a lot. His passive strike buff is terrible in this era. :D I thought it stacks every turn.