pausing on enemy turn

Options
jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards

as per r191, we're supposed to be able to pause on the enemy turn. this is now buggy. i've been unable to a couple times this week.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. Very frustrating when I just want to get the inevitable loss over with quickly so I can try again, rather than sitting through like three minutes of enemy powers and cascades.

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options

You can pause on the enemy turn if you you aren't already dead. I've posted about why that is before and aren't getting into it again. Long story short, you might already be dead, but the display engine is still replaying the events back to you to get to that point. In those cases, you won't be able to pause, because the game engine knows you are already dead, even if the display engine hasn't been able to show it to you yet.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options

On my Android phone I just swipe up to get the android menu then swipe up again on the app to force close it and finally re-open MPQ. That always works for me and is 75% as fast as pausing then retreating and 100% faster than waiting for all the animations.

KGB