Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep#238: 5 Star Bruce Willis

XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker

Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep#238: 5 Star Bruce Willis

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

'Xena' wasn't even in good battlestar until season 3 so you didn't see her snap a babies neck in the first episode, ok I will shut up about good battlestar now.

3 good disney movies, with that selection criteria and looking at Disney+ I realise how few good movies they have made in the last 30 years without a pixar tag on them. I would stuggle to find 3.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards

I have to admit, the Top 3 Disney movies was a more interesting topic than I would have originally given it credit for...even with Craig having more-or-less already answered this over the course of the podcast.

Because Tron was brought up, I thought it was worth mentioning the fantastic "The Making of Tron" documentary which was included in the 20th anniversary release. As much as I like Tron (having been a kid at pretty much the sweet spot for that film), I almost like the documentary more now. Plus, it amuses me to no end that the Academy Awards wouldn't consider Tron for Best Visual Effects because they used computer graphics for ~15 min of the film. They even curiously nominated it for Best Costume Design, which is even more strange if you ever see the costumes with the backlit projection effects removed (http://rabbitlightmovies.blogspot.com/2012/10/original-1982-tron-movie-costumes-on.html).

While literally no one would care about my personal Top 3, I would like to give a shout-out to Disney's Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, with Kirk Douglas, James Mason & Peter Lorre. Like Tron, it's just stunning visually as well as influential in that regard. Plus if I'm not mistaken, you can still see Captain Nemo's pipe organ from the Nautilus in the Haunted Manor in Disneyland, which is just a fun Disney history tidbit on top of it all.