Forum Editor changed again?

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards

I am seeing strange behaviors in the way the forum is acting....not sure what happened but it seems like using "*s" is triggering italics, maybe? And the quoting function isn't acting like it used to.

Not sure what to think yet but I noticed it today.

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards

Yep.

I'm of the mind that if it's not broke, you don't fix it.

It wasn't broken, so making us learn a new one and changing the format of things for no reason is a waste of time. The benefits are so minuscule that it's not worth the effort to poke around and figure out what's different.

We get it, people are on lockdown and are struggling to find ways to cope with being cooped up. Stop funking with the forums, and go open a window or something, get some fresh air. Go learn Morse Code. Seriously, there's a Google tutorial that'll teach it to you in 15 minutes. That's a better use of time than updating the forums again.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

yup, definitely behaving oddly on desktop today. Seems the same on mobile.

so if I say 4s and 5s on desktop, it ends up italicized.

But if I say 4s and 5s on mobile, it shows up as intended? Nope, looks likes it is happening on both platforms.

We need a new convention for referring to the 🌟 tiers.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards

It seems they're trying out some markdown format editor, at least it says so below the edit box on desktop.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards

Always use the Ctrl shortcuts myself and those still work apart from Ctrl+U, so can't underline anything anymore.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

You can backslash escape asterisks in Markdown, if you don't want them to be interpreted as italic or bold. For example, the following:

4\*s and 5\*s

... renders as:

4*s and 5*s

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    This is a table
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8
    This | is | a | table
    --------|-----|----|----------
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Yay!

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    And now it's gone back to the old editor again? Were there problems?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    DeNappa said:
    And now it's gone back to the old editor again? Were there problems?
    We noticed someone from Vanilla changed it to "markdowns" which was causing some use issues.  We are back to what we used originally with WYSIWYG.  Please let me know if you come across any issues.  Thanks!