What are the correct leveling rewards

Options
soultwist
soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
At level 90 and level 100 I received 5,000 runes, 15 gems, a basic booster (standard) and a basic booster (legacy).
The legacy one has duplicates and the standard one does not

I feel like these should both be non-dupe packs like the basic booster (standard) and  basic booster (legacy) listed under the VIP rewards page.  The standard one is non-dupe, the legacy one is not.  In almost 20 recent levels I have not received any packs that are legacy non dupe (booster or legacy rare card) even though we got a bunch of those from the implementation.

This feels wrong.  It seems like the rewards from the implementation might not be the same as current.  Questions:

1.  Where are the legacy non-dupe pack reward levels?

2.  Can we have a list of rewards that people can look at/chase?

Comments

• soultwist
    Options
    Is this something i should open a ticket on?
  • jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel like the Legacy booster feels like a slap in the face every time i level up.

a non-Dupe Legacy booster would definitely feel worthy of the effort you need to put in to leveling up.
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I could swear that the standard boosters I received at 90 and 100 were NOT guaranteed non-duplicate packs. It’s possible I had standard completed when I opened them, but if they had said “guaranteed non-duplicate”, I obviously wouldn’t have wasted them.

If the legacy packs are supposed to be non-dupe only, I should have got all mythics and MP’s. I have crafted all legacy cards rare and below.

The orbs are so few from these dupe packs, it totally makes the leveling rewards undervalued for the effort.

In the beginning of this messy feature being introduced, all the reward packs were non-dupe, IIRC. But, this was changed. Are you certain that the basic boosters (standard) were really non-dupe?

• Endbringer
    Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options

Basic are non dupe for sure. I have all current standard and legacy cards besides some vanguards and exclusive cards, so I always get duplicates legacy now and must save my standard for the most recently released set to enter crafting at which point my standard non dupe packs will present that set's exclusives. Beyond that all my standard non dupe packs will not be able to be carried over into future sets due to the change they made before THB came out where you'll only get cards from the current set through standard. Because of this there is no point to continue VIP or give a damn about leveling. You'd think the devs wouldn't create such a possibility but ya know, they do.

• Smokincookz
    Options

@Endbringer Well, I definitely feel like an idiot now, but I don’t think I completely wasted too many of those packs. I’m still not sure how I missed them being labeled “guaranteed non-duplicate”, but maybe I was just tired. I’ll just have to be more careful.
    No more VIP for me, like you said, there’s no point anymore with the changes they made.

• Smokincookz
    Options

Realized that since I was VIP for most of the time while earning these packs, I didn’t notice them getting added to my other standard non-dupe packs.

The legacy packs really should be non-dupe as well, and given at the same rate as the standard ones.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,279 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hi guys,

The information I could get is:
    "The Legacy Packs have duplicates because players receive them with more frequency than Standard Packs when leveling up.
    While you receive 1x Standard Pack every 10 levels, you receive 1x Legacy Pack every 2 levels approximately."

Thank you for contacting us,
    Marcela.

• soultwist
    Options

Thanks. That means there are no Legacy no dupe packs at all in the progression? Why did we get them when it switched to this system?

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Personally I would much prefer less frequent non-dupe legacy packs than more frequent dupe legacy packs. As a player with a large but incomplete legacy collection, the dupe packs have almost no value to me.