How well does 5* BP play with thorkoye?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
He provides a very good black outlet, but does he bleed off too much teamup? Or is his yellow just another way to proc okoye by doing what you would be doing already?

Just asking for someone who recently covered BP after almost 3 years of waiting for black covers and is trying to figure out how to use him

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are better options. 

The biggest problem with the synergy of BP/Thorkoye is its not gonna be easy to get off BP’s Spirit of Wakanda. Thor is gonna be destroying them at half-life. And you’ve got to get the TUP to 11 for it to fire and despite the damage.... do you really want to take that away for 1 shot?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    BP is still not bad with Thanos, but not with Thorkoye.  So many better choices. I finished my BP probably about a year ago and only use him with Thanos. 

As I approach my last Classic to champ I have realized how utterly worthless many of the old 5s are in the modern game. SCL10 pve and the Passive PVP make most of them just trophies to look at. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    bluewolf said:
    BP is still not bad with Thanos, but not with Thorkoye.  So many better choices. I finished my BP probably about a year ago and only use him with Thanos. 

As I approach my last Classic to champ I have realized how utterly worthless many of the old 5s are in the modern game. SCL10 pve and the Passive PVP make most of them just trophies to look at. 
    Very true.  So many of the old 5*s were actually quite bad by the standards of mpq design (they are too slow, or have too many contingencies, or aren't efficient enough).  But the 5* tier was so far above the 4* tier they could brute force their way through. 

But the reason I ask is that health is at a premium for cl10 pve.  So even though there are superior options in a vacuum, many will be quite squishy.  So BP's appeal is that he won't tank anything while okoye is up, will be tough enough to survive a round or two if okoye gets stunned, and actually brings something useful to pair with okoye's passive.  (Judging from okoye + DD, okoye + BP's black should be absolutely devastating)
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Adds too little.  Prof x, iceman, doom, sabretooth, 2099,chavez , brb, jj all help Thorkoye more and situationally bss, ss and strange do too.  I say this even though my BP is several levels higher then any top tier char.    Cl10 is hard on my health packs and tacos, so I grind a bit early and try to use up each useful 5.  I like Pantho5dd for a few hits on certain nodes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    You might run him with Danver5; I want to say he used to trigger move or be moved coming back from Airborne. I'm not sure if that was a bug or intended behavior though. Similarly he'll do it when returning from the Invisible status by design, and you have a few options to trigger that as well. Not too many at the 5* tier of course, I think maybe just Hawkeye after like 30 blue AP? But there are a number of 4*s who can do it at this point. Agent Venom, Northstar, Invisible Woman...I think that's it. Punisher Max can put your team to sleep without Court Death style team damage. I don't believe it triggers off self harm, so Immortal Hulk won't really be one way or the other with him.

*edit* Danver5 throwing him airborne doesn’t trigger Move or Be Moved, I just tested it. I guess that was a bug