Sending team-ups

Aweberman
Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
It's long been my understanding that when you send a team-up to a teammate, the game selects one of that character's powers at random.  (This is also what it says in the nice-but-sorely-out-of-date "On Patrol" guide in the Tips & Guides subforum.)  So, for example, if you want to send whales to somebody, you have a 50/50 chance of that player actually receiving A Little Off the Top.  (Unless you roster a 1-purple version.)

I got the idea in my head that 3* Carol's red power (Photonic Blasts) would be a nice way to deal with irritating Kitty/Bill matches, since it wipes out all protect tiles in one go.  So I requested 3* Carol team-ups from my alliance.  I then proceeded to get 10 straight of her black power (Hypersonic Punch).  I decided that, for some reason, her red just must not send.

But then an alliance mate got the idea that most people probably had her powers set at 3/5/5 -- or, the red at 3.  So he readjusted her covers to put red at 5 and whaddayaknow? Her red power was sent.

After some experimenting, I believe I can confirm that adjusting the cover distribution does, in fact, impact what power is sent -- certainly a compelling reason to set your Deadpool at 4/5/4.

So my question is this: Have I been behind the curve on this information, or is this a recent change that isn't widely known?

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as I am aware, the cover distribution does not impact what power is sent. Some alliance mates had tested it out last year and determined it was random. But without official confirmation, you never know. 

If you are up for it, have different alliance mates with different cover distributions send you TUs for a week or two and keep track of what TUs you receive. That should provide a clearer picture.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I did some testing yesterday ... and things weren't as conclusive as I originally thought.

I do still wonder if there are higher odds when there are more covers in a power.  It bears more research.