Simulator CL10 without Essential 5* to Progression

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
Just figured I'd share what I was able to accomplish in case this helps anyone.  I was able to make it to full Progression in Simulator even though I do not have Havok (essential 5 for this one).  Long story, just some really bad RNG going on right now.

* Sub 1 : All nodes cleared seven times except the 5E and Challenge.  Did not do either one.  Started five hours after event, did 4 and then did 3 clears about 2 hours before end of sub 1.
* Sub 2 : All nodes cleared seven times except the 5E and Challenge.  Started two hours after sub started and did 4 clears.  Did 3 about 2 hours before end of sub 2.
* Sub 3 : Did four clears of all nodes except 5E and Challenge.  Then went out to the starter node that you had to do on the first day and took that down to zero.

That gave me full progression in points.  So, TL: DR, I basically played as if I wanted placement but avoided both the essential 5 and the challenge node.  This took me to full progression without much trouble.  Hope this helps someone in the future.

Comments

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    That's really good to know, thanks.  I was a bit paranoid about getting to progression, so I was doing what I reasonably could on the 5e and challenge.  But I didn't bother grinding them past 4 clears. And knowing that I was only going to do 4, I could clear the other nodes optimally at sub start, then work on 5e/challenge the next day when I had more health packs available.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went in with no Havok, but ~400 shards, so I was curious if I could get a cover in Sub 1. The answer was probably, but I didn’t. Sub 1 had the challenge node with Sinister, which was buck wild, and I only got 2x clears on it. I did the easy nodes all 6x, 4c everywhere else. The on days 2 and 3 I did 3x clears on the 5e and challenge nodes and 6x again on the easy nodes and I hit full progression.