Immortal Hulk token cover distribution

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
So assuming one is unlikely to cover IH, it seems clear to me that his green is the best cover to have a token cover.  But is it so much better than the other two options that someone who already has a red or black cover and pulls a green cover should sell their existing cover to have an ideal 1/0/0 token?

having his red or, particularly, his black seems like a real pain.  His red is basically unusable if it just kills him, and when undercovered it doesn't even hit very hard.  and the black is much worse at low covers because if it does anything at all, it will be to eat through your team without offering any real benefits in the way of sustainability or enemy damage.

Obviously, if you intend to cover IH fully at any point, then save all the covers you get.  But if you are building a hoard, know that you don't earn LT pulls fast enough to keep pace with the new release rate (meaning you need to pick and choose your 5*s), and aren't interested in/don't need more covers for sinister/havok, then I think it might make sense to freeze IH at x/0/0.  His green is a fantastic passive ability for 5* play (because it plays so well with kitty and okoye), and getting to use it without worrying about any of his other quirks seems like a good outcome. 

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is more important is levels than covers.  Even if you got a 1,1,1 IHulk it will come down to your roster and levels.  If he is not tanking colors than black will never fire unless he is hit with an AOE.  As a player you will probably never fire red at 1 cover.  

I am also in the camp of keeping all 5* covers I get.  The drop rate on 5* is just way too low to limit a roster.

if you have 0 black using him in SIM will leave you open to major attacks since you would be able to Target him first instead of last.

Lastly I know you are not as big of a fan of his black but remember this at low level he will revive and not do much teams damage so if you were to take a nuke to the face you could easily make a match to put IHulk in front let him revive and take less AOE damage.  

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    His green ability's damage is boosted by Okoye's passive.  I tried that in the Simulator after getting the Hulk cover on pull #15; it's even better than Court Death in terms of ending a fight quickly.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep.  I got a green and red hulk 1/0/1.

Used him on Daken's pvp a couple times with Kitty.  Green matches make strikes, kitty boosts, Hulk does AoE damage, but with no black power to screw around with stuff.  

Was kinda fun.

Red is a good fight ender.  If it kills the last opponent, he doesnt take the damage.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:

Red is a good fight ender.  If it kills the last opponent, he doesnt take the damage.
    That kinda sounds like a bug. It's comparable to Ares's 'Sunder', which *does* damage him even if it ends the match. (To be fair - the bug could be on the side of Ares as well, because his self damage used to not trigger either, until it changed at some point unannounced).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogue behaves similarly: she doesn't take damage from her green power if she downs the last enemy.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe that not taking damage on battle end is the intended behavior
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not entirely clear whether or not they intend it or not, but Ice did comment on here about Imodium Hulk not taking the damage so they are, at least, aware of it in his case.

I assume they know about Rogue and maybe decided to let it be since it's kind of a hard thing to pull off.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like some of what is accepted as "intended behavior" now finds some exceptions in older characters like that. For instance some of the oddness with how Wakanda Forever! interacts with powers that destroy tiles but also do a discreet damage number on top of it sometimes but not others (works on all XFW's powers but none of GSBWs powers).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would put it down to different designers and programmers working on those characters. Maria Hill, I thought, was quite a clear example.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    It's not entirely clear whether or not they intend it or not, but Ice did comment on here about Imodium Hulk not taking the damage so they are, at least, aware of it in his case.

I assume they know about Rogue and maybe decided to let it be since it's kind of a hard thing to pull off.
    Now that's an interesting name for him...or a very odd auto-correct. :)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

Now that's an interesting name for him...or a very odd auto-correct. :)
    Too many days of social distancing.  

I suspect he’d actually have the opposite effect of imodium when facing him....   😆