Interesting - Demiurge no longer owned by SEGA

2»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Did anyone ever actually notice any change in the game after the ownership of Sega? I don't recall anything.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards

@Dragon_Nexus said:
    Did anyone ever actually notice any change in the game after the ownership of Sega? I don't recall anything.

Considering the change happened in Feb 2015....it was only running for about 6 months before the change in ownership; I think a lot changed but I'm going to assume Sega had little do with it. (Environmental tiles ended, PVE refreshes changed, etc.)

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

@bluewolf said:

@Dragon_Nexus said:

Considering the change happened in Feb 2015....it was only running for about 6 months before the change in ownership; I think a lot changed but I'm going to assume Sega had little do with it. (Environmental tiles ended, PVE refreshes changed, etc.)

Umm, 18 months I think. Didn't the game launch in October 2013?

That was right around when shield cooldowns were introduced, and shortly before thorverine was nerfed. Also a few months before the introduction of ddq, the first boss event, and the switch to a 4* endgame. About 7 months before 5*s launched. No idea if any of that stuff was because of the ownership change, but there should be enough for penny of conspiracy theories in that list. Calling all tinfoil hats!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

@Vhailorx said:

@bluewolf said:

@Dragon_Nexus said:

Umm, 18 months I think. Didn't the game launch in October 2013?

That was right around when should children's were introduced, and shortly before thorverine was nerfed. Also a few months before the introduction of ddq, the first boss event, and the switch to a 4* endgame. About 7 months before 5*s launched. No idea if any of that stuff was because of the ownership change, but there should be enough for penny of conspiracy theories in that list. Calling all tinfoil hats!

Derp, sorry. What's a year's difference in a mobile game you log into every day? :D I can barely remember what day of the week it is anymore.

EDIT: I realize the devs will probably never do another extemporaneous thing like the podcast but sometimes I think it'd be interesting to ask them questions like "when did the game launch?" or "what does Nebula's blue power do?" just to see if they know the game any better than we do......

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

Nebula has a blue power?!

(In actual fact, RNGesus hates nebula blue; it's the only regular 4* power for which I have never received a cover. The only others are taskmaster blue and black as I just never had a chance to grind any of his events yet. I even have enough shards to get all of super-skrull's colors now.)