What happens with VIP packs if we have a complete Theros collection?

redryder
redryder Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
Hey guys. Question about VIP packs now that they can’t be used for the next set. If we already finish Theros, I’m assuming opening a vip set will contain dupes. Will the set default back to original rates for those dupes? Meaning we go back to commons and uncommon dupes?

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on past experience and the communication on these boards, I would assume the following:
    You will receive cards based on the percentage listed so, you would most likely get 60-100 orbs. 

I have withdrawn from VIP due to the announcement on new setup for boosters, so I haven’t had one for a while, but from my understanding the packs are useless.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    As @Tremayne says above they will be dupes only (if you open them now) ......but that is only............ 

UNTIL the exclusives get added after the next set drops- so if you aren’t buying them for cash make sure you have enough packs to pick them up when they are available.
  • redryder
    redryder Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Ok so not counting the vanguards I have 42 more cards to go in Theros, including the exclusives. With 5 cards per vip pack, that means another 8 packs. That’s when I should stop my subscription to avoid getting any dupes. 

With 2 vip boosters per month that’s 4 more months, by which a new set would be out I assume. 
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    If you have a full standard set then standard boosters will only hit Theros as well.