Common 2/3 team combos and their counters

chamber44
chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
So, i've been playing long enough that i have nearly everyone rostered, most of the top 4*'s champed, and have high cover counts on PX5 (4/5/3), Kitty (3/4/3), Dr 5trange (5/3/3), and Okoye (5/3/2). No other 5 is above 9 covers.  My question now is what are the strong combos and their counters? I have been cruising up through the Shield Sim with Juggs/Gritty, and I switched to WorthyCap/C4rol/Grocket to fight at 1800+.  What are some of the other main combos, and then how do you counter? I keep seeing them referenced, but there's not a solid list of them.  

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    when I was climbing the top of the sim this time it was mostly either carnage / brb / kitty or bishop / brb / kitty from about 1700 upwards. They could be beaten with worthy cap, Hawkeye, coulson mostly (assuming you don’t get an unlucky cascade) but the fights can be really slow. I guess that’s the point of those teams, hard to mess up on defence, turgid, slow and annoying to fight. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    On this topic, what is the counter in the 4* space for WorthyCap / Carol / Rocket? I honestly can't think of one.
    • Can't use Bishop; his counterpunch will trigger Cap which triggers Carol buffing strikes to the moon. Game over.
    • Can't use most 5*; see above. Old and/or softcapped 5*, maybe. The newer the 5*, the less likely you can use them as their match damage keeps going up. 
    • Generally can't fire any active damage dealing power unless you stun Cap first. Else, see above. 
    • Even if you stun Cap, you still face Carol, and she still only needs 8 black to start a countdown of death.
    • Kraven doesn't remove strikes, only debuffs them. One trigger of Cap and you still die.
    • Thanos only removes strikes down to 3 on the board. 3 is more than enough for Carol to melt you if Cap triggers.
    • Sabretooth has to be set with 3 in green (any more and you trigger Cap) and you still have to match the tiles.
    • Rogue & especially Juggernaut can shrug off the match damage at least. Still need a stunner and a way to deal with the strikes.
    • Gwen/Miles/2099 can generate AP fast but still have to survive long enough to start stunning. Not a sure thing. 
    I guess the only one I can think of is Cap/5HE/(Peggy or Coulson) but your 5HE needs to be low enough level to not trigger the enemy Cap on a match, and/or the enemy team must be high enough level to trigger your own Cap on a match. If either is untrue, you probably just die.

I made a couple of attempts and then just started hitting "skip".
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dazzler can remove all enemy specials if she's tanking and you have enough friendly specials on the board. So WCap can do whatever he wants as a jump-in-front, he'll catch a stun, and all those CDs will go away if the damage thresholds are all where you need them.

Rogue used to be a fairly common anti-rocket, is she still?