BRB is ready to champ!

Options
Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Yay!  He joins prof x and bp (after 3 years of waiting for black covers!) as 5*s that I have covered and am ready to champ on demand.

But for BRB, I am unsure whether to champ him, or keep him at ~430 so that okoye will continue to tank yellow.

I don't have kitty (10 covers) or Carnage (8 covers) champed, so brb's best partners are not yet available to me, and I might play him with thorkoye a lot.  I am also at exactly 13/13 covers (edit: he is 4/4/4 + 500 shards), so there is no waste keeping him underleveled. 

On the other hand, 430 will make him a liability in pvp. 

Thoughts?

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I say champ him.  He will pair with other 5* too.  At 450 he has 67K health and even in PVP or PVE you could just run him with 1/2 Thor.  If you champ him don’t think of him just as a 3rd think of him as a 1A.  Also how do you have him covered.  If he is not at 5,3,5 then it would be worth champing him just to align him right.
  • Vhailorx
    edited March 2020
    Options
    wymtime said:
    I say champ him.  He will pair with other 5* too.  At 450 he has 67K health and even in PVP or PVE you could just run him with 1/2 Thor.  If you champ him don’t think of him just as a 3rd think of him as a 1A.  Also how do you have him covered.  If he is not at 5,3,5 then it would be worth champing him just to align him right.
    Good point and added to the main thread.  He is 4/4/4 plus shards right now.  Don't know that I have ever had such a safe natural build for a 5* before (just months after it became much less important).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    wymtime said:
    Good point and added to theaim thread.  He is 4/4/4 plus shards right now.  Don't know that I have ever had such a safe natural build for a 5* before (just months after it became much less important).

He's actually the third 5* that I've ended up with at 4/4/4. Okoye and Rescue were like that, too. Well, he and Rescue still are. RNG is weird sometimes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's quite good alone, I don't regret champing him. He's pretty fun with P4nther/Okoye too - that way you get to do damage AND earn AP by matching Protects.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I will be honest, BRB/5Thor has generally replaced Okoye/5Thor in PvE for me.  He is just such a beast as he does just about everything:  

1.) A great and cheap active blue!  The damage is great and more importantly....
    2.) ....it generates a ton of protect tiles which are really, really good at mitigating all that high level match damage from AI matches (the main source of damage I take overall vs. active powers)
    3.) He self generates a ton of blue and green when matching shield tiles and oh yeah, this passive actually makes Thor's yellow worthwhile
    4.) His green is in many cases better than Thor's except for the randomness.  If you have strike tiles or use Okoye, it is generally more effective than Thor. 
    5.) His health is beastly

The only real thing he doesn't do is remove enemy tiles and stun.  

Can't comment on PvP as I haven't played as much lately but I do know BRB is a pain to go against.  
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    I will be honest, BRB/5Thor has generally replaced Okoye/5Thor in PvE for me.  He is just such a beast as he does just about everything:  

1.) A great and cheap active blue!  The damage is great and more importantly....
    2.) ....it generates a ton of protect tiles which are really, really good at mitigating all that high level match damage from AI matches (the main source of damage I take overall vs. active powers)
    3.) He self generates a ton of blue and green when matching shield tiles and oh yeah, this passive actually makes Thor's yellow worthwhile
    4.) His green is in many cases better than Thor's except for the randomness.  If you have strike tiles or use Okoye, it is generally more effective than Thor. 
    5.) His health is beastly

The only real thing he doesn't do is remove enemy tiles and stun.  

Can't comment on PvP as I haven't played as much lately but I do know BRB is a pain to go against.  
    I would add one thing to the list of things he doesn't do: Super-Damage™.

I find that cl10 without some sort of massive damage multiplier is just SOOOOO slow.  Okoye, or a tile booster like kitty/Carol, or a double-dipper like DD or worthy are almost essential for me because the matches are endless without it.

BRB does enough damage for cl9 or pvp.  But he really doesn't do enough to chew through 200k or more in anything like a reasonable fashion. (At least I know I don't enjoy using other 5*s that can generate similar amounts of damage in cl10 without any damage boosting.)

Still this is good advice about his all-around value.