Give us an update w/ Character release order & Feeder updates

2»

Comments

• Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'll join DAZ0273 and the others on this bandwagon.  The extra shards in both PVE and PVP made covering Karnak a breeze.  Didn't get the cover from shield training and did sharget him for a few covers.   He's currently 271 with shards for two levels and the Shield sim cover to come.
    Northstar only got two covers from the release but with the shards added to PVE rewards he's at 5 with 3 covers worth of shards.  I got 5 covers for Maria's release with again shards for another.  Each time they cycle through PVE I'm adding 2-3 covers.
    For all three characters this comes from progression/placement & shards awarded from them.  The only exception being one Karnak from his vault.
    Prior to this and only recently/occassionally being able to clear shield training to the new 4 star cover I would usually get three covers from the release and 1 further cover at each repeated PVE.  By the time they left latest I was usually at 6 or 7 covers.
    I'm only early in four star land so generally play SCL8 and timing means I can't play PVE competitively, rarely get top 50.  My alliance is top 250 usually so no extra covers there.
    This is clearly much quicker, especially if you say you play a lot.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Karnak was a breeze--in fact, I've already got him up to 278, and even though I've played almost every PvE to full progression on SCL 10 plus PvP to 1000, I did Venom Bomb (the one where he debuted) on SCL 9 so missed out on a bunch of shards for him then. Granted, I did have him shargeted and pulled a bunch of latests to get BRB, so got several covers from that.

Maria Hill, on the other hand, is currently only at 2/2/2 with 475/400 shards, so not nearly as prolific, and no mention of any Maria shards coming up as rewards in the near future. So I'm not sure if Karnak was a fluke or the new norm. FYI--Karnak is a beast champed, especially paired with America.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about your Modok and Karolina Dean? They have been featured so many times that it's difficult not to get them to at least 8 to 13 covers, depending on your playstyle.

Also, thanks for the link to your experiences in SCL 10.
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    edited March 2020
    My Karolina is already at 8 saved covers + 1k shards and that's not even counting the 2 covers coming from SCL 9 progression in Meet R&G.

The restructuring of rewards and addition of shards was specifically to make 4* land less painful. It's easier to get the new 4*s to 13 while slowly building up the classics. (I'm a little sad that SHIELD training appears to be going to the wayside right as I'm completing my coverage. :( Oh well. On to 5* land!)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Considering that it is actually fairly easy to champ relatively new 4's now (I just champed Karnak in what I consider borderline record pace) I guess they are having to re-evaluate this whole thing and I suspect they are going to want a few more release worths of data before they work out if the pace has now gone too fast again for feeders.
    Are we playing the same game?
    I think so. I do not get top 20 for pve, I have no champed 5* and don't have thousands of stockpiled resources and now place lower in pvp due to increased competetion. I die a lot if I try Scl10. However I have champed both Modok and Karnak in a timeframe far advanced than I can ever remember, I can champ Karolina if I want and am 1 cover from champing Northstar. Wolfsbane is getting there. That leaves Maria Hill and she has 3 covers. I have been playing this game (on this run) 1536 days and this is even a better progress on 4* than vaulting was for me
    We must be playing different games, I haven''t champed a 4* in at least 6 months despite playing way too much
    I don't know what to say - I don't even always play full progression pve because I hate the grind but this is the first time I have ever been even remotely slightly "up to date " with 4* - I could rarely ever do Shield Training. Champing Karnak was a pleasurable fast tracked breeze compared to the years of toil and I got to use him in his boost week just in time and he is fantastic. I wish I could give some tips but I don't really feel I am doing anything different and there are players waaaaaay beyond me - note Bluewolf's comment. The community is always good with helping - maybe they can help with tips? No 4* champed in 6 months seems extreme unless you are a fairly new player?
    Is day 1787 new?  I do have most of the old 4*'s covered, but getting the ones from the past 1-2 years has been pure hell
    I mean I was very anti-shards before they were implemented but yeah it's been much easier to get them covered with shards. So it really depends on a handful of factors like where you are in the game, how competitive you are for placement or if you only play for progression, if you're willing to grind out 75 wins on a new character's pvp release if you can't do 1200 pts, if you farm your 2*s and 3*s, if you play a lot of lightning rounds,  if you play DDQ every day, who you're targeting with shards and how competitive your alliance is. And that is strictly for free to play. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Considering that it is actually fairly easy to champ relatively new 4's now (I just champed Karnak in what I consider borderline record pace) I guess they are having to re-evaluate this whole thing and I suspect they are going to want a few more release worths of data before they work out if the pace has now gone too fast again for feeders.
    I think so. I do not get top 20 for pve, I have no champed 5* and don't have thousands of stockpiled resources and now place lower in pvp due to increased competetion. I die a lot if I try Scl10. However I have champed both Modok and Karnak in a timeframe far advanced than I can ever remember, I can champ Karolina if I want and am 1 cover from champing Northstar. Wolfsbane is getting there. That leaves Maria Hill and she has 3 covers. I have been playing this game (on this run) 1536 days and this is even a better progress on 4* than vaulting was for me
    We must be playing different games, I haven''t champed a 4* in at least 6 months despite playing way too much
    I don't know what to say - I don't even always play full progression pve because I hate the grind but this is the first time I have ever been even remotely slightly "up to date " with 4* - I could rarely ever do Shield Training. Champing Karnak was a pleasurable fast tracked breeze compared to the years of toil and I got to use him in his boost week just in time and he is fantastic. I wish I could give some tips but I don't really feel I am doing anything different and there are players waaaaaay beyond me - note Bluewolf's comment. The community is always good with helping - maybe they can help with tips? No 4* champed in 6 months seems extreme unless you are a fairly new player?
    Is day 1787 new?  I do have most of the old 4*'s covered, but getting the ones from the past 1-2 years has been pure hell
    No clearly not. I don't know why your experience is so different to mine. My Alliance is not a top 100 Alliance so I get no extra top tier resources from there. I played Squirrel Girl's PvP to 1000 points, Shield SIM I got Karnak's cover and made full progression on HaT in SCL8 which gave me the resources to champ Karnak. So I don't have any magic beans or anything.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    No clearly not. I don't know why your experience is so different to mine. My Alliance is not a top 100 Alliance so I get no extra top tier resources from there. I played Squirrel Girl's PvP to 1000 points, Shield SIM I got Karnak's cover and made full progression on HaT in SCL8 which gave me the resources to champ Karnak. So I don't have any magic beans or anything.
    I'm in a casual alliance, so not much help there either.  I don't really play PVP because it sucks really bad, but I play my PVE and get what I get which is pretty much get nothing but garbage.  Decided to finally open up the vault tokens that I had been hoarding for a long time now.  Pulled over 30 tokens for the last even and think I pulled like 1 3* and the rest all 2's.  That gets you far.  Shards only do you so good when you need a ton of different characters
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I find covering 4 stars very easy now.  Once they added shards, even scl 8 gives you 2 4 star covers each run.  I'm overloaded with north stars and karolina Deans.  Same with red iso.  Standard iso8, on the other hand... 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I find PvP to 1000 fairly easy, and the prizes make it more than worth it. There are some painful ones...like when 3* hulk is featured and no stunners are boosted.