Blow mini stash on fan favorites or wait for new 5* Hulk ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
Given info below would you try your luck in the fan favorite store or wait for the new 5* Hulk ?

My champed 5s are Prof X, Beta Ray Bill, Doom, Captain Marvel, Hela, Thanos. As far as the 5s in the fan favorite store, my 5 Strange has 5 covers, Kitty 4 and Okoye 3. Also Hulk is my favorite super hero so obviously I'm interested in his new 5* as well.

Currently I have 165 pulls if I used my CPs in the fan favorite store. My Strange, Kitty, and Okoye don't have many covers, so I'd have to hope I get lucky and maybe champ one. Or that I'd get enough covers for all 3 to make them much more playable even if not max covered.

I could wait for the new 5 Hulk to hit the LL store. I have 217 pulls now between CPs and LL tokens. From now to when he's released I'd have even more pulls of course. Not sure how good he'll be but looks interesting. 

It would be a while I guess before I'd hit the LL store as Carnage is rotating out next and my Beta Ray Bill is champed. So I Iwouldn't  pull any LLs until Beta Bill left, however I don't like Mr Sinister, so I'd have to wait even longer before I pulled for Hulk.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage is out already, it probably won't be all that long before Hulk rotates in - maybe 6 weeks? Personally I do like Sinister, I'm less impressed with Havok, so i'm waiting for BRB to rotate. I don't have any pulls saved up yet though, so it's not really apples to apples for my situation. 

Fan favs is a good opportunity to add covers to that crew - i managed to champ Okoye through targeted favoriting across last year, but i have a dismal kitty (3/2/0) and an  uninspiring 5trange (4/2/1), so it's definitely a store I'd consider if i had the cp.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    If you have BRB champed, then you already have the best thing from the current crop of latest 5*s.  Hoard for immortal hulk.  (and consider spending cp on fan fav tokens if you need covers for any 2 of those characters).
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    If you have BRB champed, then you already have the best thing from the current crop of latest 5*s.  Hoard for immortal hulk.  (and consider spending cp on fan fav tokens if you need covers for any 2 of those characters).
    This is exactly what I am doing even though I don't have a Havok yet.  BRB is champed (actually, level 462 based on some odd pulls while trying to camp 5*Carnage).  Sinister is 5/2/2.  No Havok but can definitely wait until IH is in LL.  I may miss out on a placement the first time Havok is required but can still do progression in SCL10.

Can't wait to get IH.