Stunlock everything ftw! = cl 10

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
It isn't really news, I suppose, since stunlock has always been the best pve strategy for overleveled opponents.  But it has been 2 or 3 years since pve was ever actually challenging for high end rosters, so people maybe have forgotten or grown complacent.

Cheap stuns are king in challenging pve content.  So characters like gamora, both Icemen, spider gwen, or even Nova, have significantly more pve value in cl10 than they did before cl10 went live. 

So many of the viable strategies for the hardest challenge nodes just boil down to "figure out the fastest way to disable the most dangerous opponent or enemy synergy, and then grind through the less threatening elements at leisure.'

I will also say that 4* gamora's black passive was made (~2 years ago!) for cl10.  It was clunky in cl9 because it almost never actually had any effect on a match.  By the time I could flood the board with purple specials, cl9 matches are already over.  But in cl10, she is usually good for 1-2 procs per match in the challenge node.  And insta-dropping a level 650 brb with 250k health left feels a whole lot better than cleaning up the 4 or 5k health a level 500 opponent might have after the same number of turns, and it saves a ton of time too.  G4mora has always been good, but now she is maybe my #1 ranked pve 4*, having leaped ahead of *snip!*  Carol and medusa (list exlcudes stunner Bros, who are mostly a thing in pvp).

Edited for typos. Nothing to see here!

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find them kind of boring to use, so I try for other solutions. But yeah, they are undeniably the most reliable option for a lot of these, and G4mora is absolutely an all-star here.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    You need a bit of luck, but Kitty/Nova/Valkyrie is a fun team. 
    In the challenge node they got hard enough to proc Valkyries attack tiles, you can then I got you're target for her black to generate your strongest colour, which will be yellow for Nova to use.
    Get 6 red and someone's airborne.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx said:
    ...having leaped ahead of medusa Carol and medusa ...

Someone is burying the lede that they are hacking the team construction restrictions.