It's definitely possible for me to earn less than 1k/14 days of HP

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
with casual play. So demi has definitely tightened the HP screws on semi-retired vets like me.  In order to keep pace now I need to grind my way to top 50 in pve subs (a real pain in the **** in cl 10), or I need to play every PVP event top 725 (and being in a competitive alliance would help).  That is a real change from pre-shards when I could basically fall out of bed in the morning and scrape by.  So mission acocmplished there for demi/d3.

edit: note that I don't open tokens as I go, so there would be a significant additional source of HP from champ level that I will get on a binge/purge basis where others would amortize it out evenly.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    When I am playing SCL10 I usually top out in T50 in a sub, but sometimes still end up T100.  Even T50 gets you 95 HP for a sub.  That still feels wrong, to not even get the cost of a daily deal when I'm T50 in SCL10 for goodness' sake. 

Feels cheap.

I have been keeping up but I am definitely being picky with which vaults or stores I pull from.  I also have a very mature roster so when I open up CP/LTs I get a lot of HP that way.

I am keeping a much closer eye on frivolous spending so if I was falling short I'd suck it up or just quit if the HP shortfall seemed too onerous.  Probably quit and explore my backlog, lol.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    When I am playing SCL10 I usually top out in T50 in a sub, but sometimes still end up T100.  Even T50 gets you 95 HP for a sub.  That still feels wrong, to not even get the cost of a daily deal when I'm T50 in SCL10 for goodness' sake. 

Feels cheap.

I have been keeping up but I am definitely being picky with which vaults or stores I pull from.  I also have a very mature roster so when I open up CP/LTs I get a lot of HP that way.

I am keeping a much closer eye on frivolous spending so if I was falling short I'd suck it up or just quit if the HP shortfall seemed too onerous.  Probably quit and explore my backlog, lol.
    My backlog?!  BACKLOG?!  How about my LIBRARY?!?!  :P  Gotta dust off these tomes, some still wrapped for years!  Because... um... impulse buys.  :)

Nah, I understand all too well,@bluewolf

Also I'm doing the pick-n-choose where I'm buying from as well.  HP is limited more-so than before.  I normally don't strive for more than PVE full progression, so it's not like I was swimming like Scrooge McDuck, but I still had a few thousand easy 90% of the time.  Now, not so much.  I just strive to keep 1k on me, so I don't miss on rostering the new person.  So far so good, but I can see the trend going downwards, and I'm going to have to budget better as time goes on.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    pulling as you go keeps that resource flow moving. You miss out on the cool deals this way, but i'm always able to roster characters when they drop, as well as pull the occasionaly daily token or something. 

In addition to pulling as I go, i'm pretty ruthless (reckless?) about flipping max champs too. I don't keep dupes, but i also don't have any 4*s at max champ yet. Chavez is pretty close, within 20 covers, but nobody else is anywhere near.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im with ya, except i hoard LTs and CP... 

Which is spent as soon as the new 5* CP store opens, then LTs go to when that same character drops into latests.

So its not much of a hoard, but its a little slice of somethin.

Also, i do hoard taco tokens of both flavors, just in case a 4* cover appears in a vault that i need.  ...cant wait to bust those hoards, though... One is near 400, and the other near 300.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So from my math if you go progression only and finish top 200 in PVE no top 50 sub you will get 1K HP every 2 weeks.  In progression there is a 70 and 80 HP.  Top 200 gets 100 HP.  That is 250 HP per event multiple that times 4 and you get 1K HP.

If you get to 725 in PVP that is an extra 160 HP.  If you can do that and snipe a bracket for top 100 you get an additional 30HP.  Let’s say you play every other PVP or 2 a week that would be an extra 640-760 HP every 2 weeks.  

Overall that does not seem like a ton of effort to get enough HP to roster a new character every 2 weeks.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    ^.
    This is even worse for non-vets.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    wymtime said:
    So from my math if you go progression only and finish top 200 in PVE no top 50 sub you will get 1K HP every 2 weeks.  In progression there is a 70 and 80 HP.  Top 200 gets 100 HP.  That is 250 HP per event multiple that times 4 and you get 1K HP.

If you get to 725 in PVP that is an extra 160 HP.  If you can do that and snipe a bracket for top 100 you get an additional 30HP.  Let’s say you play every other PVP or 2 a week that would be an extra 640-760 HP every 2 weeks.  

Overall that does not seem like a ton of effort to get enough HP to roster a new character every 2 weeks.

don't forget about 140HP per fortnight from the ddq.  I guess I just haven't been hitting top 200 in pve consistently, even though I have been clearing to full prog.  hmm, maybe I need to re-optimize my slice/entry times. . .