VIP exclusive Offer, question

Options
Kalazan
Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
Hi, i got some VIP exclusive offer, $$,  VIP standard pack bundles. With like 7 packs.

Anyone know  if they are non dupe pack? Or just regular pack?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Kalazan
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support, can u please confirm? Thanks
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not support here but it should tell you what's in there if you look at the top of the pack.  Should say guarentee non-duplicate; check the % for the level of cards.  in faint letters below puzzle quest is will say the # of cards in the pack.  View cards will show the cards in the pask.

I THINK the VIPs are mythic+ and non-dupe from current set but its been a while.
  • Mcclaine
    Mcclaine Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    If the VIP bundles include VIP packs, then they are non dupe. But if they are packs you could buy for crystals then you will get dupes unfortunately.
  • Kalazan
    Options
    It doesn't say it's non dupe or not , unfortunately, so to ask for clarification
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have never purchased these because it doesn’t indicate whether or not they are nondupe. Clarification would be nice. 

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    I have never purchased these because it doesn’t indicate whether or not they are nondupe. Clarification would be nice. 

Agreed. I’ve assumed they are non-dupe and, consequentially, a terrible offering. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi guys,
    So, after talking to my team, we have 7 packs in that bundle.
    6 of them contain duplicates and only a Standard Rare Booster is non-dupe.
    Hope this helps!

Marcela.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have been Vip since the start but after having a ‘chat’ with CS I find I’m now in the position of having to cancel my VIP plan until the next set arrives. This is purely because the renewal award from vip 11 to vip 12 is a standard masterpiece booster. 
    I have all non exclusives and non alt- art cards (baring a few vanguards) and still have non-dupe boosters aplenty (yeah yeah- I’ve spent Waaaaay too much money on this game). I don’t want a duplicate masterpiece so I dont want the reward until the new set comes out. The masterpiece is locked to standard at the time of award (not when claimed - which I REALLY hoped would be the case) so I’m going to have to forgo my membership for a little while. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love a currency only VIP option. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hi guys,

I will make sure to pass all of this along to my team.
    Thank you for the feedback!
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I also cancelled my VIP subscription recently, for most of the reasons @bken1234 and @Avahad mentioned. It just has no value for me right now if Standard packs don't carry over to the next set.

• Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I recently canceled my VIP as well because there was no value in getting currency I dont need and packs of cards with all dupes that convert into orbs that cant craft anything. 

I didnt buy the recent Daxos special offer because the card looked like hot garbage. That is the first special offer I have passed up on in 4 years. 

I am not going to buy the Aboshan special offer either because it's for a set you cant even buy fat packs for. I have never in over 4 years bought boosters without the guaranteed rare and I'm not going to start for a legacy only set. I HATE gambling and i wont spend money unless theres some element of non randomness. 

Up until the VIP non-dupe pack change I averaged $85 a month spent on the game for over 4 years. Since the change I have spent 0 because you arent offering anything I want to spend money on. 
  • DerekRogers
    DerekRogers Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

I havent canceled my memebership yet but I most likely will before the end of the month when my subscription runs out. I currently have no gain for it anymore and am only paying for it to keep the extra deck slots. If it wasnt for that I probably would have canceled month ago. Since I also cant hoard packs there is no extra benefit at this point in time except for the extra deck slots and to support the game

• DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2020
    Options

Just cancelled as well.

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I cancelled a couple months ago. Didn’t need extra THB packs that would be wasted.

Disappointed to see that HOU elite packs have not been available to non-VIP’s since November! Why are we being locked away from these for 6 + months? I’ve been crafting Legacy mythics to secure my shot at Omniscience, but who knows how long until I’ll get the chance.

• jtwood
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Can anyone confirm/refute this Reddit post contradicting the official stance here:
    Oktagon statement: "6 of them contain duplicates and only a Standard Rare Booster is non-dupe."
    User claim: "They come with 12 boosters of five NON Duplicate cards each, and then another 2 packs that are single rare NON Dupe packs as well. I am absolutely sure about the content within the offers"
    Basically, I thought the official stance was that the set-specific packs were just regular packs, and then any non-set-specific packs in the bundle are non-dupe rare packs. This person seems to be claiming all packs are non-dupe packs, which would make this a great deal. I just don't believe this person is right.
  • Avahad
    edited June 2020
    Options
    They are different offers I believe.
    therefore both statements are correct 
  • jtwood
    Options
    Avahad said:
    They are different offers I believe.
    therefore both statements are correct 
    Ah, okay. Do you know what VIP tier unlocks that non-dupe offer? I only see 7-pack (6+1) and 10-pack (9+1) offers. I'm at VIP 4.
  • Avahad
    Options
    @jtwood I think the 12 pack is @ VIP 7.
    @critman you really would think so wouldn’t you. It’s a bit crazy that questions need to be asked here (and may take a while to get an answer) before being able to make a decision to actually spend money on the game.