Doom H4H at 500CP?

whoami
whoami Posts: 75 Match Maker
edited March 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
The Doom H4H offer is 500 CP instead of usual 250 cp for classics. Bug? A new”feature” based on “user feedback”?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doom rules all, no questions!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    And the event tokens are not a vault. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Wonko33 said:
    It's a new release, they are never a vault.  It's always a store.

And yeah, what's up with the Doom offer?  This game has so many (apparent) bugs lately.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Wonko33 said:

And yeah, what's up with the Doom offer?  This game has so many (apparent) bugs lately.
    Feels to me like there are new faces, possibly/probably more junior faces, working on the back end. Either that, or some new auto-pilot features are being tested to make the manual burden come down a bit, and the kinks are being worked out. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf said:
    Wonko33 said:

Feels to me like there are new faces, possibly/probably more junior faces, working on the back end. Either that, or some new auto-pilot features are being tested to make the manual burden come down a bit, and the kinks are being worked out. 
    A short list of recent bugs.....

DPvMPQ tokens being wrong
    Scoring being weird in events (possible bug)
    Claws for Concern being set up wrong initially
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Claws really felt like an automation mishap - the explanation there was it pulled in an old version of the event somehow. 

Tacking on to that:

The explanation for Maria Hill's invis vs airborne power being that CDs don't decrement when a character is airborne even though 2 other characters have moves like that. One of those (karolina) was introduced just 2.5 months ago, so presumably whoever did that one could have explained it. 

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    The explanation for Maria Hill's invis vs airborne power being that CDs don't decrement when a character is airborne even though 2 other characters have moves like that. One of those (karolina) was introduced just 2.5 months ago, so presumably whoever did that one could have explained it.
    Both of those characters' powers that have countdowns count down while airborne are the same power that send the character airborne.  Perhaps the difference is that it's a different power for Maria Hill that would have sent her airborne.
  • DAZ0273
    Has Maria Hill ever actually used a jetpack? I mean I guess she could have jumped in a flying car to escape instead, that might have been quite cool.
  • bluewolf
    DAZ0273 said:
    Has Maria Hill ever actually used a jetpack? I mean I guess she could have jumped in a flying car to escape instead, that might have been quite cool.
    Surely comic book Maria Hill has at some point.
  • DAZ0273
    Via the magic of Google:

• DAZ0273
    Oh and just to stay on topic:

Doctor Doom has a ROCKET Pack, not a jetpack. Don't mix them up! Doom is not amused!
  • bluewolf
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oh and just to stay on topic:

Doctor Doom has a ROCKET Pack, not a jetpack. Don't mix them up! Doom is not amused!
    Dr. Darwin's rocket pack just propels him into the side of a mountain.  Oops, should have deployed wings or something.
  • DAZ0273
    Yeah, the real reason why Doom isn't going to get anywhere is because he is clearly going to crash at the first available opportunity and he will be in flames because his green dress will also be on fire.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Depends on how it was coded, but the point is we've seen CDs that behave this way, so it is technically possible.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Hey All - 

Thanks for sharing this with us.  This indeed should be 250 CP and not 500 CP.  Please reach out to customer support if you made this purchase and the team will be able to refund 250 CP back to your account.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    Hey All - 

Thanks for sharing this with us.  This indeed should be 250 CP and not 500 CP.  Please reach out to customer support if you made this purchase and the team will be able to refund 250 CP back to your account.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  
    What about those with more than 250, but fewer than 500cp who want to buy the cover?
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Doom is beyond your reach! Doom shall not fraternize with anyone below 500cp.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:
    What about those with more than 250, but fewer than 500cp who want to buy the cover?
      They're just gonna get some Dūmb response...
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to ask the same thing.  I could buy a 250 Doom... But not a 500.

• bluewolf
    Suggestion:  re-run the Doom cover offer at 250 CP in the near future. The devs have done it before.  (Can’t recall the exact circumstances.)

Option B is waiting a year for his next 5E. 

I feel like the devs are just treating us terribly lately and maybe this would be a small nod that you appreciate us.