TGT kills our will to continue playing??

Options
Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
Well let me start by saying this.  I am the crown holder of a top ten team. I pride myself in not stressing out my players. But these events are killing off my best and brightest players.  In the last two back to back ****, bug ridden events it has now cost me FOUR players. Why 3 day events that bleed over into Monday work days?? **** rewards if we happen to run up against an opponents deck that run cards that crash and burn our games?? The game itself (nope) we love magic. I'm up for suggestions on how to keep my players wanting to play. I do know this if things don't change we will lose more players and this breaks my heart because these people are some that I have played with for years. I know them, love them and am sad to lose them. Thanks for taking the time to listen. 

Comments

• Yammanig
    Yammanig Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    I am the crown holder of a top ten team. The great torment cost us 3 players. The rewards do not warrant the game play. The bugs/freezes just add to the insult. 
  • coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This event was just a nutkicker, nothing else.
    I've had actually no good things to remember of the last one, so I wasn't expecting really much in advance, probably some bugs fixed here and there, that's it.. I think, I've read that you guys fixed "some issues with adventure cards" somewhere some weeks ago...

I mean, congrats on fixing "some" bugs, that would have been useful soon after the set was released but nowadays, a couple of months later, that's absolutely not what I wear my party hat for.. don't take it personal.

However, this event was a good example for "expected nothing, still disappointed". The immense amount of game freezes, reported from almost all directions doesn't even compensate the **** adventure cards, that are apparently working now. Once again, congrats.. but maybe check the bugs/issues area of this forums during the last days first.. you had to skip a couple of pages just to find a report, posted actually some days ago.. is this the way it's meant to be? I won't say so...

I had this feelings more than once over the last events, but especially this time. It's as though the time you just have to spend to be aware of current bugs and cards you better **** avoid not to screw up your entire game has become bigger than the amount of time you actually play the game and that's not it's purpose.
    The game should bring fun to the players, it should be something they enjoy to do, while relaxing from the stressful week.
    Well, the MtGPQ of these days isn't providing that anymore, playing weekend events just feels like being part of a [redacted BK].. after 70 hours of grinding you better prepare for the next [redacted BK] punch in your face, here's what you get for your effort: almost nothing. My team made it T10 again, thinking about the rewards you could also have sent anyone to kick my nuts, almost no difference... 

I would have been OK with any other final ranking as well. First of all, because the rewards would have sucked anyway, but also because of the fact, that I have 19 players committed to the team, also to the game and I just didn't want to lose them by pushing them too hard towards specific ranks for nothing... I've heard of countless players who quit the game over this [redacted BK] of an event.
    Congrats again, you finally screwed up some of that long-year players, who didn't even give up after playing several of the **** elderspark(s).

Just one more thing to mention is the amazing end time of this event. At my place it was on mondays between 1pm and 7pm and I just have one question..

what the [redacted BK] is wrong with you guys???

you're apparently not aware that this is NOT a good time for playing PQ or anything else at all, since some people have to do something called "job". Mostly they're not able to play while doing their "job", if they wanna have it still on the next week. Well, the only explanation that I have is that you guys at oktagon are usually not working hard rather than hardly working. It's proofed each and every day by the current state of the game.
    And sorry for that, this was kinda unpolite. Of course, you have some guys around, who are working hard even though they're apparently the only ones: the staff of the "lets-brainstorm-about-the-most-useless-****-ever-noone-else-could-even-imagine"-department.. they have been pretty successful recently as I've heard announcing their newest result, the upcoming changes of the vigilance ability within 4.1.... well, I could tell you about my party hat again, but I'll refrain.

As I've said I force myself to not expect anything at all, neither for the upcoming event. Most likely I'll be disappointed next friday at the latest... :(

Have y'all a week

Edited to remove profanity BK
  • mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Remember they said they are UNABLE to give more. Management forbids it. So hope for less grinding time if they ever obtain eyes and ears. And I'd really wish VIP money provided by this game were spent here instead. When you notice additional effort put in this game since VIP, let me know. They are either lazy not working enough, ignorant not acknowledging reality or unethical using the money they get here elsewhere.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm surprised it took so long for the community to stand up against these grindy and insulting events. I asked if we could switch events when they revealed TGT would run. No response. In the March Q&A session I asked them when they will quit running events that run through Mondays (or shorten them).
    I'm the crown holder of a top 25 team and I wanted to resign after the first round of TGT where my first match crashed, my second match took over 40 minutes (Cooking Contest), and my fifth matched I used my only non level 60 walker where it was matched with a level 60 NB1. It's time for the devs to take action and change events like TGT and The Elderspark, or there will be no one left to play this heap of bugpile.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its funny, there have always been bugs in this game, and we've had some really grindy events.
    But I've never seen such vitriol from the community.

You know what the difference is?  Rewards.  Back when being a top coalition got you a Fat Pack and a guaranteed mythic (dupe, but still), and top individual rewards also got you a mythic and a ton of crystals nobody really complained like this.  Sure we weren't happy with bugs and stuff, but the rewards were so good we sucked it up and played anyway.

Now the bugs are worse, and the rewards are nonexistant.  I'd consider spending 12 hours over the weekend to get 300 crystals and a mythic.  For 10 jewels and 2500 runes?  I'll pass.
  • Mburn7
    Options

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the feedback.
    Just wanted to say that we're hearing you, you can trust it!
    We're not going to run TGT again, until we fix it all and at least rebalance it.

Thank you for your patience,
    Marcela.
    Hi Marcela,

As much as I (and I'm sure the rest of us) appreciate this (and boy, do I), a lot of the bugs involved with TGT are not unique to the event but rather the game as a whole.  I'm not saying you should stop running events until they are all fixed, but I would just like to point out that this is a LARGE commitment from the team that should not be taken lightly.
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hi everyone,

We're not going to run TGT again, until we fix it all and at least rebalance it.

Marcela.

<3 Marcela!
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Playing solo for a couple weeks has made this game a little more fun. No need to grind on the weekends. A soft lock, oh well close app. No need to spend yellows as I have 3-4 months until booster crafting. Putting this game on the back burner was a good decision ,especially, with the direction this game has been going with less rewards and the nerf to booster crafting  combined with the poor quality of the game.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Hi everyone,

Marcela.
    Hi Marcela,

As much as I (and I'm sure the rest of us) appreciate this (and boy, do I), a lot of the bugs involved with TGT are not unique to the event but rather the game as a whole.  I'm not saying you should stop running events until they are all fixed, but I would just like to point out that this is a LARGE commitment from the team that should not be taken lightly.
    My issues with TGT have nothing to do with the bugs, but with the design and structure of the event, so I am quite appreciative of this gesture. 

I also believe that by removing this event quickly and pulling TE, they're seeing connections in events and trying to take faster action. 

A lot of bugs we are seeing are card related and can be prevented by simply not using those cards. (The Finales, for instance). This is a small gesture we can make for our own sanity -- as we continue to see the devs more engaged with the community in the Bugs forum and trying to fix events and stabilize the game as whole. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hi everyone,

Marcela.

Thank you for listening to us and taking action.  We ohsomuch appreciate it :)
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi everyone,

Marcela.
    glad to see this message....

hope tgt get rebalance as ....either

-rebalance to 5 node with super longer rechage time (like 16 hr or more ) ....and with more reward 

or

-reduce to 2 node as titanomancy ....with still more reward

or 

-more more more reward if we have same amount of game/node
  • bk1234
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Hi everyone,

Marcela.
    Hi Marcela,

I’m genuinely curious as to how you’d know this if you haven’t played the game in 2 months... 
  • Mburn7
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Mburn7 said:

Hi everyone,

Marcela.
    Hi Marcela,

I’m genuinely curious as to how you’d know this if you haven’t played the game in 2 months... 

I'm still pretty active here (as you see) and with my coalition, so I've seen a lot of bug and crash posts that I am referring to.  I will admit I haven't experienced any of them personally in a while, but are you trying to tell me that you know what bugs I am or am not aware of more than I do?  Because I really don't appreciate that.  There are a lot of bugs that are negatively impacting this game no matter what event they are played in, which is what I was referring to.  Fixing a couple bugged objectives and node supports isn't really going to solve much in the grand scheme of things.
  • bk1234
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    bken1234 said:
    Mburn7 said:

Hi everyone,

Marcela.
    Hi Marcela,

I'm still pretty active here (as you see) and with my coalition, so I've seen a lot of bug and crash posts that I am referring to.  I will admit I haven't experienced any of them personally in a while, but are you trying to tell me that you know what bugs I am or am not aware of more than I do?  Because I really don't appreciate that.  There are a lot of bugs that are negatively impacting this game no matter what event they are played in, which is what I was referring to.  Fixing a couple bugged objectives and node supports isn't really going to solve much in the grand scheme of things.
    You’re continued posting in the voice of “we” rather the voice of “they” forms the assumption you’re being personally affected by the current state of the game, when in fact, now knowing you haven’t played in 2 months, it now seems to me you have stuck around to fan flames. As someone who has put a considerable amount of effort into trying to positively encourage this community, I don’t understand your motives. 
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Mburn7 said:
    bken1234 said:
    Mburn7 said:

Hi everyone,

Marcela.
    Hi Marcela,

You’re continued posting in the voice of “we” rather the voice of “they” forms the assumption you’re being personally affected by the current state of the game, when in fact, now knowing you haven’t played in 2 months, it now seems to me you have stuck around to fan flames. As someone who has put a considerable amount of effort into trying to positively encourage this community, I don’t understand your motives. 
    He doesn't have bad motives nor is he fanning flames. He is saying things as they are not making up stuff. He is affected which is the reason why him and so many have taken a break. It's a hard decision especially when you've spent years, time and money into the game.