Fires of Invention and Deploy the Gatewatch [Fixed]

Options
Feiticiera
Feiticiera Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
I had 2 deploys in hand, both had full mana, cast the first card with fires of invention in play and summoned 3 creatures.  The second deploy is then disabled due to fires of invention. 

Fires of invention states 2 cards are cast before the rest are disabled, however, only 1 card in this situation was cast from hand, and yet FoI blocks any new cards from being played.

Even though Deploy drops 3 critters on the battlefield, these creatures are not cast from hand and therefore should not count against the 2 cast card limit of FoI.

When reviewing the battle log, the creatures played from Deploy are listed as cast, which may be part of the problem. 

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support that's a pretty serious issue, especially if it means summoned creatures are going to count for "Cast" objectives going forward.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @Feiticiera

I will have my team checking this issue right away.
    Thank you so much for the heads up.
  • Feiticiera
    Feiticiera Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This same thing happened in a standard battle using hangarback walker. I had FoI on the board, a full hand of full mana cards, and could only cast one card because the walker summoned a thopter, that counted as 1 card cast so FoI only let me cast one card from hand. That Thopter states 'cast' in the battle log.