So who is the actual owner? [Investigating]

Options
Tilwin90
Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
There are some very wonky behaviors in the game associated with the understanding of "you" and "opponent" when it comes to certain automatic effects. I've noticed this in the past few weeks quite a few times. Sometimes I gain mana from opponent's cascades, other times I noticed an opposing Deathsprout making me grab the land with full mana in my hand and other strange behaviours.

The weirdest I got was probably today.
- I had a Wicked Wolf and a Golden Goose on the board.
- My opponent bounced my wolf into my hand.
- A few turns later I had the bounced wolf back on the board together with the vigilance troll and of course the food it comes with. 
- At the end of the turn, the wolf got boosted thanks to its end of turn ability (+2/+2) and I was assuming that's that. But wait, no, it actually fought and killed my own troll.
- The troll went to the graveyard, destroyed three food tokens and was back in the game.
- On the end of my next turn the same happened.
- During my opponent's turn a few gems got converted, he had three cards in their hand, then the game froze.

There are so many weird things happening I find it impossible to even consider what caused the freeze. But I'm convinced something on the AI's side lead to an infinite loop somewhere. It even froze the interface, as I was no longer able to look at my hand, planeswalker abilities or do anything but leave the game.

Comments