Lack of International Women's Day

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
Is there a reason the patriarchy has decided that this wasn't to be celebrated this year?  We normally get a special PVP, an in-game popup, a free Danvers cover.

This year, we got nothing.  I'm not even mad at the lack of cover.  I am disappointed that they couldn't even be bothered to run a themed PVP.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Who could possibly have guessed that women would get overlooked by the system?

Maybe next year everything will be back to way it should be: paying lip service to respecting women 1/365th of the time!

(Edit: this post is sarcasm.  I think it's obvious sarcasm, but this being the internet, I figured I should be extra clear. . .)
  • pheregas

(Edit: this post is sarcasm.  I think it's obvious sarcasm, but this being the internet, I figured I should be extra clear. . .)
    LOL.  I felt the same way when making the original post.  I was hoping not to get white-knighted by somebody accusing me of wanting free stuff.  

Again, looking for recognition of 50%+ of the world population, and a maybe an event to celebrate that.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Considering all the vastly more important events devs have skipped over, this is a drop in an already full bucket.
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Shardpocolypse
    I think that's the go to reason for everything now.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shardpocolypse
    This is spot on.  Every since the player base stood up and fought back against what the Devs wanted to do or were told to do by the bean counters, the communication has went from the worse I have seen to the next level of bad.  Now it is almost a joke to even post on the forums or Discord anymore.  It is very sad how bad this is.  
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Shardpocolypse
    This is spot on.  Every since the player base stood up and fought back against what the Devs wanted to do or were told to do by the bean counters, the communication has went from the worse I have seen to the next level of bad.  Now it is almost a joke to even post on the forums or Discord anymore.  It is very sad how bad this is.  
    It is always interesting to see how a brand reacts to a revolt by their customers. It looks like Demiurge/D3 has chosen the “silence is golden” option. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Maybe the shard system is the celebration of International Women's Day.  After all, you get fractions of a bunch of rewards that you used to get.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    They released Maria Hill?
  • pheregas
    purplemur said:
    They released Maria Hill?
    With her black power???  Sounds like a glass ceiling situation.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shardpocolypse
    It is always interesting to see how a brand reacts to a revolt by their customers. It looks like Demiurge/D3 has chosen the “silence is golden” option. 
    While I'm not totally disagreeing with either of these comments, I *am* encouraged by what I'm seeing in the S.H.I.E.L.D Training thread in terms of communication from them. 

It may not always be good news, but they at least seem to be leveling with us (for the most part; I'm still convinced the reason it really went away is because way too many people got Karnak finished last event and got the LT, and the overall recent trend towards curtailing opportunities for resources).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of the level or quality of communication from d3/Demi, but I do try to give credit where it's due when merited. 

On a certain level, I feel for them. They get lambasted by some when they do communicate (sometimes fairly, sometimes not), so they clam up. Then they get lambasted for not communicating at all. 

I know I've certainly not been shy to voice my discontent at times, so maybe I'm part of the problem. I do try to keep my snark at a manageable level, without fully crossing over into being outright mean. But maybe I'm not always successful. 😬
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs are in the game-making business.  This app charts on Google Play among the Top 200 (or so) Grossing games so they obviously are doing very well, considering how very many games are available to download and play (although don't pretend it would be there without building off of the very hard work of many talented Marvel writers and artists, and filmmakers, etc).

Anyway.  Their chief concerns are keeping new content coming to keep us interested and keeping the game running.  Players chase new characters almost without fail since they build a system requiring you to roster everyone.

They don't need to worry about supply chains, or inventory management, overhead is obviously pretty low.  Even in the current new normal they can keep people here since social distancing is the bread and butter of playing video games.

Their biggest problem when communicating is that some people will get mad and say bad things?  Seriously?  They are making money hand over fist. It seems like a good problem to have.

Obviously people need to be a civil as possible but when someone gets mad it means they actually care about the game and what they are doing.  How much vitriol does the team that makes the 10,000th highest grossing game get?  Probably almost none but who knows how long they are in business.

These guys have been parlaying a match3 Marvel game into a steady source of income for 6 1/2 years.  They should be grateful that players care enough to come to a forum and sometimes get a bit jerk-y because people who care also spend money.  Go find some games you downloaded and aren't interested in and tell me how much you spent on them in the past 6 months.

I'm just over the whole "oh they communicated and some people complained" excuse.  Shardpocalypse was 3 months ago.  OK?  We are all kind of past it, let's see what the next phase of things bring.