CotT: Cyclops vs. HulkBuster

Options
TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
This one is mostly a race for the red AP. Pretty simple Crash, both characters are massive damage dealers, so it's just a matter of getting there first.
I do feel like this should have been against a Wolverine, tho. HB works as a good opponent mechanically, but I'm not aware of any history between Scott and Tony that makes for Drama like he's got with Logan.

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulkbuster must have been in the middle of an i(ronman)OS update, because he failed to launch a single power. For a wonder, I landed yellow in a corner on the third turn, made nothing but blue and team-up matches for the next three turns, and had both blue and red primed to fire (with 10 AP in the bank) within a few more turns. Using both of those powers back-to-back shut down Hulkbuster el pronto quicko. 

My reward was a champ level for an old favorite - Moon Knight! I haven't brought him out to play in a while, so I may give him a go with Gritty in the sim and see how things work out. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ah, a good old fashion AP race! These things are obsolete these days with turn one passives.

Hulkbuster landed a haymaker first but My Level 300 Cyke was able to shake it off, get the team-up and blast IM into smithereens.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This was really tough for a 3/1/3 Cyke. HB red or black is instant death, and blue is "likely death".
    Denying three colors while having to generate at least two nukes from Cyke requires some extreme board luck along with extremely careful planning and spawn risk avoidance.

I took +2 r/y AP, +2 b/p AP, +100& all damage. Plus rank 2 Taskmaster's Sword.

I needed two red nukes with 10+ TU, and dealt the finishing blow via a 2x cascade on the last turn right as HB got his 9 red AP. If the cascade wasn't there, the fight would have been lost.

Token waiting for Havoc.