Since the “Own vs Control” Pandora’s Box is Opened... [Investigating]

Options
jtwood
jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
Turn Into Pumpkin says it will bounce to the owner’s hand, but it returns the creature to its controller’s hand. I was hoping to have some fun abusing that with Oko’s 3rd ability, but no such luck. 

I imagine there are probably other bounce cards that need to either be reworded or recoded along these lines. 

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Literally every bounce card works like that.  Own vs Control doesn't really exist here.  Its annoying for sure.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello @jtwood

Thank you for the feedback.
    I will have my team checking this behavior right away.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Own vs Control doesn't really exist here.
    Maybe it wasn't a big deal before, because stealing and bouncing stuff wasn't something that happened too much. But then they put an entire PW into the game who cares about Own vs. Control. The distinction must be given more attention now that they've decided to enshrine it into something that could possibly represent half of a match.
    And to be fair, I imagine most of the bounce cards just need to be reworded to say "controller" instead now. Maybe they want to bite off recoding some of the cards, but the fastest path to clarity is just updating some wording and then considering own vs. control with future cards. 
    We'll see what happens.

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I reported an issue before Kaya was reworked where her ultimate was shuffling my cards into my opponent's library with her third ability. Now she doesn't shuffle exiled/graveyard cards back to libraries at all.

So, it's more likely that cards will get updated verbiage rather than updated functionality.