Targeting Karnak

MegaBee
MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
Karnak is available to target now! I can finally open all these tokens!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah nice! Thanks for the heads up, will spend some CP later.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the heads up.  Just champed him.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine was at 12 covers going in with my target on Shuri (one more level needed for 5th Okoye black) and I had two legendaries. First pull was... Karnak.  B)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great. Another vicious Bishop teammate.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Who knew that th
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    JaGo said:
    Who knew that th
    You ok?  Seems like you had a stroke in the middle of that sentence.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    pheregas said:
    JaGo said:
    Who knew that th
    You ok?  Seems like you had a stroke in the middle of that sentence.
    LOL. I honestly didn’t think I submitted that. Basically it was the start of a pointless rant about two 4*s kicking the snot out of low level 5* teams. Again, it was pointless so I “thought” I hit cancel.

My apologies.

-JaGo
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    I assume he'll be useful in the 5* PvP game for his crits he can make esp with a Blue battery and the fact 5* can mostly tank for him.

But in 4* land I could care less because he's no where near as good as Juggs/Grocket because despite Karnaks higher match damage, Juggs has almost 2x the health + 90% match damage immunity + a passive AOE on every match he makes. So I don't see why I'd ever use him over Juggs/Grocket because he'll suck a health pack due to tanking with low health.

That said, I've got him now at 10 covers (via sharding) for shield training after opening some tokens in the Havok store.

KGB
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    KGB said:
    I assume he'll be useful in the 5* PvP game for his crits he can make esp with a Blue battery and the fact 5* can mostly tank for him.

But in 4* land I could care less because he's no where near as good as Juggs/Grocket because despite Karnaks higher match damage, Juggs has almost 2x the health + 90% match damage immunity + a passive AOE on every match he makes. So I don't see why I'd ever use him over Juggs/Grocket because he'll suck a health pack due to tanking with low health.

That said, I've got him now at 10 covers (via sharding) for shield training after opening some tokens in the Havok store.

KGB
    I have a lv 270 currently unchamped (a little short on iso) Karnak. My team of America, Bishop and Karnak took out a Gritty and Juggs team. Hell, I had one match where Karnak one-shotted a 27k health OML from a cascade of criticals. Karnak is no joke. His only downsides are his low health and his criticals have the potential to get placed in odd parts of the board like the corners. Karnak tanks four turns into the match, after dropping two criticals, but by then the match is pretty much over anyway. I think the only color he tanks before the change is black so unless Bishop is stunned or Karnak gets hit by an aoe then he'll be in the back for most of the match save for taking some regular match damage that doesn't trigger Bishop.
  • KGB
    America/Bishop/Karnak is clearly a Sim team. That's quite a bit different than a regular pick 2 PvP.

In Shield Sim I can easily go all the way to 1800 points (where I hit the Bishop/Worth Cap wall and need special teams) with Juggs/Grocket/Gamora in 1 push using 0 health packs thanks to Juggs. In regular pick 2 PvP Juggs/Grocket can take me to 700 in 1 push using 0 health packs. I often reach into the 800s before I need to switch to champed 4* for the final push to 900.

Not saying he's bad, just saying if you already have Juggs/Grocket then Karnak is just a special use character who you only need on occasion for certain battles like how you used him with Bishop as a Blue Battery.

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    A good new 4* is basically irrelevant because the tier is full and new characters can't surpass the value of existing 4* champs without being stupidly op (and thus creating a whole other set of problems)?  I'm shocked, SHOCKED!

Why didn't we know? If only someone had been saying that for months and months with every 4* release (good or bad). . .
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    A good new 4* is basically irrelevant because the tier is full and new characters can't surpass the value of existing 4* champs without being stupidly op (and thus creating a whole other set of problems)?  I'm shocked, SHOCKED!

Why didn't we know? If only someone had been saying that for months and months with every 4* release (good or bad). . .

OK...now this is definitely sarcasm...right? ;)
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I am firmly of the opinion that most of the problems on the internet could be solved if we could all agree a standard representation for text intended sarcastically. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    I am firmly of the opinion that most of the problems on the internet could be solved if we could all agree a standard representation for text intended sarcastically. 
    Back when my now wife and I were dating back in college, we went to different schools hours apart.  Back in those pre- cellphone days, we were forced into early chatting since long distance calling was very cost prohibitive.  I had one of the early 4 digit ICQ codes and we'd chat there nightly.  Many an argument was had because we couldn't read sarcasm for what it was.

We ended up agreeing that anything written in italics was meant to be sarcastic.  

And now we've been married almost 19 years.  Italics saved us!
  • KGB
    pheregas said:
    AXP_isme said:
    Back when my now wife and I were dating back in college, we went to different schools hours apart.  Back in those pre- cellphone days, we were forced into early chatting since long distance calling was very cost prohibitive.  I had one of the early 4 digit ICQ codes and we'd chat there nightly.  Many an argument was had because we couldn't read sarcasm for what it was.

We ended up agreeing that anything written in italics was meant to be sarcastic.  

And now we've been married almost 19 years.  Italics saved us!

Seriously impressed by your 4 digit ICQ code!  I had a 5 digit one (needed for finding online MP gaming opponents) and thought that was impressive because virtually no one outside AOL Instant Messenger was chatting online in those days.

KGB
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    So at least with no shield training I don't need to target any low covered four star and can instead target Karnak, sort of a win...