Marvel Puzzle Quest R197 Release Notes (3/2/20)

Comments

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deathlok makes sense to me and is also much cooler than the others. Sorry others. So it will probably be Firelord or somebody.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Me929 said:
    I will go with Misty Knight. Her right hand is robotic, and she works out of Hell’s Kitchen....Daredevil...eye.

I am sure I am wrong, but it is the best I can come up with.
    Of every name that’s been suggested, Misty Knight is the one I would want to see the most. I loved her role is the Netflix shows, and her comic version looks even cooler
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    LLohm said:

Did Disney just acquire more properties?
    About that I read rumours that they are trying to adquire DC. I dont believe any of that was related to the next update lol
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    The right hand path is the good magic path, the Eye of Agamotto, 4* Strange. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Come to think of it, those are probably marketing talk. 

I'm looking forward to new content and I hope that the next 4* won't interest me.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Come to think of it, those are probably marketing talk. 

I'm looking forward to new content and I hope that the next 4* won't interest me.
    Won't?  I mean they likely won't since it'll be the 92nd one in tokens and probably won't move the needle much, but hoping they won't interest you is an interesting take.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any chance R197 broke the SCL selection process leading to the Claws for Concern not being able to be played above 8?  It was first run in April 2018, 7 months after SCL 9 was in game.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Joke answer: Hellboy with his Right Hand of Doom

Real guesses: Nothing new to suggest over the previous comments. A new Cyclops makes sense since we just got Havok. Is Misty Knight in a recent/upcoming comic? I like the character in the Netflix shows but seems a little random short of outside context. Then again, I don't think Karnak was in something recently either.

FWIW, March typically celebrates women and Women of Marvel, so I could see this and the next character both being female characters.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    Then again, I don't think Karnak was in something recently either.

Only the Inhumans show back in 2017.  Surprised nothing is Eternals or Black Widow related.  5* Hopper!
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    shouldn't be a 5* Cyc since his AoA costume is already in the game (the one where he's actually missing an eye)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:

FWIW, March typically celebrates women and Women of Marvel, so I could see this and the next character both being female characters.
    And Chinese/Lunar New Year celebrated Okoye, Tony, and I think Carol (might have been Cap)... no, not bitter  ;):D

But, seriously, that makes sense.  They already have that PVP made already, so it's easy to rerun, and tack on 2 new female characters.  
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    The dots between hand and eye are out of place so must be relevant.

When Americans pledge allegience to their flag they raise their right hand and start saying "I (or 'eye', if you spell it wrong) pledge allegiance...."

Gonna call it - 4* Patriot on the way.
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dark Nova said:

When Americans pledge allegience to their flag they raise their right hand and start saying "I (or 'eye', if you spell it wrong) pledge allegiance...."

They could always just put Norman Osborne Iron Patriot in the game.  Apparently he was in the console release, so they have the artwork and powers done already...
  • DAZ0273
    Dark Nova said:

They could always just put Norman Osborne Iron Patriot in the game.  Apparently he was in the console release, so they have the artwork and powers done already...
    I actually have the console version (purchased during the height of my dizzy love for the game some years ago before I knew better). Man...does the console version of this game suck the life out of you. And yes there is Iron Patriot but golly...I think I would rather smash myself in the face with a hammer for every character I have (220!) than actually play the console version to the point you get Norman...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Patriot has a power where you can hand-place 6 crits. Imagine that in today's 5* game...
  • DAZ0273
    In the console version that power is both amazing and pointless. The PvE is a straight grind. The Pvp is based on Balance of Power (Is that right name?) - everybody is 550 or whatever the max level is every match. Unless they updated it but unlikely. I am intrigued at what Iron Patriot ap costs are now though. Last I played I think I maybe had a 3*. There is no way to accelerate apart from playing story mode from memory...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    *edit* wrong color, wrong price, wrong video in previous link lol

Star Unibeam costs 14 purple, and seems more related to Kamala Khan's purple. You place a crit, then a bunch more get randomly places on the board:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShJtJYy1b0