Change PvE level after event start?

welbot
welbot Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
I've chosen to do lvl 10 in some previous events, and just been able to cope, but this current event is just wiping the floor with me. I've noticed there's a change level button prior to going in to the event, but is there a way to change level after starting? If I'd known I'd get my butt whooped so bad, I never would have chosen lvl 10 :\ 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you are locked in. I feel for you, will be rough, no way I would play scl10 on this event.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah no, you're unfortunately stuck.

If you have 5Hawk you can use Worthy/HE/Coulson to slowly clear just about anything.  You might need some AP boosts though.
  • welbot
    Bummer that's what I was afraid of :\
    I do have Hawk, but he's not levelled high enough yet. I actually have a decently levelled Phoenix, and often in a pinch I can pull through using the ol Kitty/Rocket combo, but doesn't seem to matter who I use this round, I just get my butt handed to me. :\ Oh well.. guess I'll just have to do what little I can til next round :(
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    welbot, sorry to hear.  The only good thing is that you are warning others (like me) before we choose for this event.  I was thinking about 10 but will definitely do 9.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    I already hate this event and that is at SCL9...
  • welbot
    IKR?! Some kind of warning that it was gonna be super hard would have been nice. I dunno what it's like in lvl 9, but the Phoenix required high end battle in lvl 10 has a green circle around it this time instead of the usual red, and it's just impossible. I didn't even get Carnage's health down by 1/3 before I was dead. :\ 
  • WiDoW0042
    WiDoW0042 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    I had to use Ghost to do some of the challenge node. God bless invisibility. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    for for the challenge node if you have 5* hawkey run him with Coulson and gamora and boost blue.  You can stun lock every to death.  It takes forever but works 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hawkeye and Worthycap can clear the challenge nodes a couple of times only. After that, carnage match damage is too high and worthycap goes down before the countdowns gets a chance to resolve. Kitty and Rocket & Groot doesn’t stand a chance too. Only got it with okoye and Thor after multiple attempts. I did try okoye with doctor strange too but they went down too quick as well.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    Hawkeye and Worthycap can clear the challenge nodes a couple of times only. After that, carnage match damage is too high and worthycap goes down before the countdowns gets a chance to resolve. Kitty and Rocket & Groot doesn’t stand a chance too. Only got it with okoye and Thor after multiple attempts. I did try okoye with doctor strange too but they went down too quick as well.

I'm telling you.  Boost AP and go CoulHawk Gamora.  Once it starts rolling they never get another turn.  I was able to do four clears with this team.  We'll see how the end grind goes  But even if you are match damaged to 1 health it doesn't matter once they never get to make another match.

As an aside, I put a rank 4 Chimi on Hawkeye.  Red/Purple can help Coulson's swap and Hawkeye's red arrows.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Forgot I moved up to SCL9 for this event. As I was grinding the Carnage level last night the line "I immediately regret this decision!" kept going through my head. My Phoenix is woefully undercovered, and Chavez and Vulture started getting outclassed by the tiles generated...