That banner announcement!

AXP_isme
AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
Wow! What was that. I would worry if I was prone to seizures. It looked like all the banners there have ever been rotating almost as fast as the eye could see. 

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, good. It wasn't just my device.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the new get all the updates at once in lightening fast order! 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something to look forward to later on!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe there's hidden code in there? When I go to today's news, there's only one news.  :D
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe there's hidden code in there? When I go to today's news, there's only one news.  :D
    Sometimes a bug is just a bug.
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Had it too, I think I missed something though lol
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I clicked it, it took me to a thing about Havok. But some of the crazy images that were flashing through were various costumes, which made me think it was a new Costume Store opening up prior to clicking.
  • bluewolf
    When I clicked it, it took me to a thing about Havok. But some of the crazy images that were flashing through were various costumes, which made me think it was a new Costume Store opening up prior to clicking.
    I'm pretty sure it's just a "Greatest Hits" oops, pulling all the various MOTDs in vs a Havok-specific one.

Any one else remember K-Tel? Act now and you get all your favorites!  All for just 3 low monthly payments of 19.99! 
  • DAZ0273
    There used to be a TV Show in the UK (for kids allegedly but it was the 70's and all the TV program makers were very high) called Mr. Benn where this guy would just randomly visit this costume shop, dress up and have magic adventures. This banner sounds just as trippy as that. If there was also a Shopkeeper who looks like fat Hitler in a fez then it may actually just be an accidental YouTube link to Mr. Benn.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want to create a banner ad there's the right way, the wrong way, and the MPQ way!

Isn't that just the wrong way?

Yeah, but faster!
  • AXP_isme
    I seem to think it took Mr Benn 30 minutes to get into costume. This would be like Mr Benn on steroids. 

Thinking about that a little more it’s a totally inaccurate analogy. Maybe the unholy offspring of Mr Benn and Quicksilver. That’s a bit more in keeping. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Mr Benn affiliated with Mr Bean?
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I thought it was only my device, but it seems like a lot of people got it. That was fun :-)
  • AXP_isme
    I’m not aware of any connection between Messrs Benn and Bean. Mr Benn is lacking in facial features, being a slightly crudely drawn cartoon, whereas Mr Bean has all of Rowan Atkinson’s rubber-faced mummery going on. 
  • DAZ0273
    Mr. Benn walks like he has definitely taken something illegal. He can also teleport as witnessed by the opening part of this show. Here is a link:

Please note: Whilst the accuracy of 1970's Britain presented here may be slightly dubious is it 100% correct that wherever you go in Britain there will be a man digging up the road surrounded by his work mates standing around doing absolutely nothing.

• bluewolf
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr. Benn walks like he has definitely taken something illegal. He can also teleport as witnessed by the opening part of this show. Here is a link:

Please note: Whilst the accuracy of 1970's Britain presented here may be slightly dubious is it 100% correct that wherever you go in Britain there will be a man digging up the road surrounded by his work mates standing around doing absolutely nothing.

In America, usually no one is doing any digging.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    This is totally what I thought.  I feel like Chuck after getting the Marvel Intersect.

Also it seems the pulled it.  I went back to todays news to look at it again and it no longer comes up.
  • DAZ0273
    Well it is entirely possible that the road never got fixed and is just a massive hole even now but nobody seems to mind. I guess the '70s did have all the good drugs.
  • AXP_isme
    So you’re saying that all those adventures Mr Benn went on were just hallucinations. That actually makes a lot of sense. 
  • DAZ0273
    AXP_isme said:
    So you’re saying that all those adventures Mr Benn went on were just hallucinations. That actually makes a lot of sense. 

That Shopkeeper is definitely selling more than just dress up. Mr. Benn is higher than a tight rope walker. It explains why he never got a follow up series As I guess he eventually got booked into Rehab where he tells all the Doctors that he is a cowboy.