Experiment Kraj adaptations ending at the end of the turn? [Investigating]

TheDisturbedDragon
TheDisturbedDragon Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

I've been running the current house event, and I came across an odd bug. When Experiment Kraj is adapted, it gives the +1/+1 bonus to everything and gains the adapt icon. However when the turn ends it removes the icon, and no longer counts as adapted. It doesn't produce any more adapting gems unless it's reinforced, but can no longer reach any of the milestone adaptations. I haven't been able to get enough of them in one turn to verify if the milestones would also vanish. This doesn't seem to be a listed change to the Adaptation mechanic, and I'm uncertain if it functions correctly in other modes. I'll test after I finish posting this.

Tagged:

Comments

• TheDisturbedDragon

At the very least it seems to be the same with the Trial of Zeal. I've tested two different stages and both had the adaptation end at the end of the turn.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    You can try to pair it with Fall of the Thran (rare white Saga card). It will destroy all the adapted gems at once, so you can see if it gets all milestones AND if it keeps having them when the turn ends.
  • TheDisturbedDragon
    Upon further investigation it does appear that the adaptation only ends when the enemy plays a card.  However that does reset the adaptation.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,

This issue is under investigation.
    Thank you for the feedback and for your patience.
  • thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Can confirm this is also an issue with Incubation Druid. Could not get her adapt to stack past 2 before she’d reset herself. I even had a very long and loopy turn and at one point could have sworn she reset herself mid-turn but cannot confirm as I wasn’t paying 100% attention. Something is definitely funky with the adapt mechanic in general though and not just Kraj. 
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    For the subject of Adapt being faulty, I’ll add that when I combined Yarok, the Desecrated with Experiment Kraj, it only adapted gems on the first ETB effect. Have to test it again and with other Adapt cards as well though...
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the subject of Adapt being faulty, I’ll add that when I combined Yarok, the Desecrated with Experiment Kraj, it only adapted gems on the first ETB effect. Have to test it again and with other Adapt cards as well though...
    That sounds correct, actually, since each Adapt creature can only create Adapt gems up to its number (so an Adapt 6 can only have 6 or less Adapt gems on the board at any given time).  That would make the second Adapt trigger from Yarok useless, in general.
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    @Mburn7 Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I must not have read the description for Adapt closely enough.

*edit*

I just read the description for Adapt, but it’s not mentioning that a creature can only have it’s specified number of Adapted gems at one time. It just says, “When this creature enters the battlefield, Adapt X gems.” 

Is there a longer description than the expanded menu on the cards? Guess I could look back to when RNA was released, when I have some time.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, I don't remember and don't feel like hunting for it.

I do know that's how it works, so I would assume it was in either the release notes for RNA or a bug thread similar to the ones we're getting for Buried.

@Oktagon_Support is there an official description somewhere for abilities and how they work?

Guys,

We have a collection of abilities and its descriptions HERE
    Honestly, I will have to check if all the abilities are there, updated.
    If you miss anyone, please send it here so I can update it there. 

Thank you,
    Marcela.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    @Oktagon_Support

Some that are missing:

adamant
    adventure
    anticipation
    buried
    constellation
    destroy
    devotion
    disable
    enchanted
    escape
    exile
    ferocious
    fight
    heroic
    melded? 
    mill
    overflow
    partner
    resourceful
    saga
    spectical
    @soultwist , you rock!
    Thank you so much for helping me with this  :D
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Ha, if you get those all updated it's you that rock not me
  • Neverender
    Neverender Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2020
    Experimental Kraj no longer seems to be losing adaptations after the last patch.
    Hi @Neverender
    I actually tested it and could not reproduce too.
    Can someone else confirm this?