Please help me understand the actual levels needs to be effective in SCL 10.

tchipley
tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker

I've been looking over the various discussions and strategies for SCL 10 and was looking for more clarification on character levels used in the nodes. I hear folks say they use Thorkoye, Gritty + (fill in the blank), and HE/HammerCap. Folks seem to throw around characters and strategies like everyone has them max champed or something.

Is that true or is there a minimum level that still works for the strategies listed.

5-Star: 550 a must or can it be 450 or is there an optimal number between?

4-Star: 370 a must or can it be 270 or is there an optimal number between?

I have all characters rosterd except 5 star Sinister.

I have all 4 Stars champed at various levels (Except the latest i.e. Northstar, MODOK, Talos, Wolfsbane.)

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

I’m not getting top placement, but getting full progression and T50 finishes without playing super optimal. So if that’s the goal, you definitely don’t need max champs. The right characters are way more important than high level characters (again if max progression is the goal). My 5* are mostly 450-460, while my 4* float all over the place. Grocket is highest since when I don’t know who to target I just dump levels into him and want him to be my first max champ.

Here are some of my levels for the main tools I see myself using now or in the future:

462 Kitty Pryde, 458 Iceman, 457 Okoye, 455 Professor X, 452 Spider-Man (Back in Black), 450 Hawkeye, 445 Thor, 1/1/1 Beta Ray Bill.

358 Rocket and Groot, 342 Gamora, 334 Vulture, 330 Shuri, 326 Valkyrie, 324 America Chavez, 320 Agent Coulson, 311 Bishop, 299 Sabretooth, 296 Juggernaut, 294 Captain America, 285 Spider-Man 2099.

Hope this helps!

• tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker

Thanks, also good to know that 4 clears will get full progression. Now to beat that darn challenge Node.

I'll try level 10 again with the hunt and see how I fare. I only got two clears on the challenge node in the subs so I'm sure I'm out for full progression for this Peggy Carter adventure.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020

You do not need to hit the challenge node at all if you only want progression. You’d just need to hit the other nodes in a pretty optimal fashion and grind them down.

Also, the available points increase as in each consecutive sub so you can probably still hit progression from sub 3 for Unstable Iso-8.

I think others have laid out pretty clearly what is "needed" for SCL10. Having meta champed 5's will make it do-able while definitely taking longer than 9. The top few placement slots are probably going to require 500+ meta 5's, of course.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

You can hit full progression without even 4x clears if you go to 7 clears on the easy nodes, maybe one or two nodes past that on the main track (non-required character) nodes. I've only got 8 5* champs, Prof X being "best" and all the rest being some flavor of 45#. Generally the same strategies one would use in SCL9 for progression remain viable, but having an appropriate force multiplier seems to me to be a prerequisite for doing it in a "reasonable*" amount of time.

I have a lvl 452 Okoye, but not Kitty, so my strategies tend to revolve around Wakanda Forever! and auto-damagers. My best 4* is Chavez at 353, who I spent all of 2019 pushing up to champ Jessica Jones, the next closest are all down below 310. I don't hang on to max-champ 3*s, and you don't need any 2*s in SCL10 unless you want to try something novel like using 2* ms marvel to put 9 team up down on the board for Okoye or maybe use Hawkeye to get some speedshot tiles out (taskmaster may be better there for health pools if you really want to try that).

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards

I guess when i said 4 clears (or get the timer to start) on each node, i was implying that i didnt care about optimal clear times

So, if theres a way to wait some amount of time and get more points from the easy nodes, great! I never really put enough effort in to pay attention to when i should hit what node... I know how it works, but cant be bothered to fall-in-line to strict scheduling.

That said, the 4 clear method (without hitting earlier nodes more than enough to make timers appear) includes the Challenge Node too. Of course, i do realize that sometimes that you dont need to do 4 clears of the challenge node on the last day of the event... But thats a stat that i quite dont have a handle on yet (as to when it requires me to do 4, or sometimes only 3, or even 2!).

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020

I think most of the advice you see here comes from players with deep , but not maxed, rosters of 4* and 5* champs. Max champs are nice, but rare enough that not even many vets on the forms have them.

A modest roster of 450s, with access to some meta teams, is sufficient for cl10 progression (I know because they decided me). Too 50 is more of a slog without higher champs; it can be done, but is time and resource-intense.

With both stunner bros, more champ levels are generally a good thing, even with higher damage caps. But baby champ bishop or he can be used in the challenge nodes good. Just bring healthpacks!

Pure 4* rosters (without the stunner bros) will be dependent on the weekly boosted list. Some weeks it will be easy ( e.g. whenever Carol + HE is boosted), other weeks will be a real struggle, even assuming you have many dozen baby champs. But it certainly can be done.

A deep 4* roster of 350+ champs would be fine too, but I don't think anyone actually has that without also having a 5* roster.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020

I played in SCL 10 Venom Bomb. Zero champed 5* and most of my 4* are lower than 290.

For first three subs, I cleared between two to four times for Challenge, 5* essential and the last Hard node. I six cleared everything else. When I reached the last sub, I needed another 10,000 points to get full progression. After that, I didn't bother with many nodes because I think I did a good job and gave myself a break.

If you are purely full progression, having multiple good baby champed 4* will do the job.