Titanomachy and graveyard gems on bottom node

Options
Machine
Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor

So, I actually wanted to try out the new graveyard gem mechanic, even though I think it's rather cumbersome to setup. I used Underrealm Lich to dump cards in my yard (also to fulfil the graveyard objective). However, it seems that cards that should create graveyard gems when hitting the graveyard FROM ANYWHERE do NOT create graveyard gems. In my case the green Aracnir uncommon spider (Chainweb Aracnir I believe is its name). When I was finally able to Escape it, it ALSO didn't get the escape buff. Great mechanic!

@Oktagon_Support : is there anything I missed about how graveyard gems and the Escape mechanic work or is this another bug??

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,281 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @Machine

It's important to remember that the graveyard gems are created up to a value, so, it's the same as if you have sent 5 Chainweb Aracnir (the card that you have used as an example) to the graveyard, the number of graveyard gems on the board will still be 2.
    About the Escape ability for Chainweb Aracnir, the +3/+3 effect will only trigger if you fight against an enemy's creature with Flying (if you do that, your creature will get the buff after the trigger ends).

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification @Oktagon_Support!
  • jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ebondeath Dracolich should be triggering WAY more than it currently does.

Trigger: When a creature card enters a graveyard from anywhere: If this card is in your graveyard - Create up to 3 Graveyard gems.

Angrath Deck:

Song of Creation
       (At the end of your turn: Discard all but the first 1 card(s) from your hand)
    Rescue from the Underworld 
    Gyruda, Doom of Depths
       (ETB: Destroy the top 8 cards of each players library)
    Ebondeath, Dracolich
       (When a creature card enters a graveyard from anywhere: If this card is in your graveyard - Create up to 3 Graveyard gems.)
    Syr Konrad, the Grim 
      (Activate 3 Black: Destroy the top 4 cards of each players library)
    Zareth San, the Trickster
    Avaricious Dragon
    Magda, Brazen Outlaw
    Goldspan Dragon
    Castle Locthwain

Song of Creation: at end of turn i discards multiple creatures into my graveyard at end of turn.

It will consistently create graveyard gems only once, no matter how many creatures I dump into the graveyard via the Song end of turn trigger. 
    there is no way you can randomly, have it only create Graveyard Gems only once when I discard 3-5 creatures)

Gyruda: enters the battlefield, and I mill 8 cards from my library into my graveyard (3-5 creatures consistently) graveyard gem creation is also only creating Graveyard Gems once.

The Battle Log, shows Ebondeath triggering multiple times as it should, but only creating Graveyard Gems once in a given batch of triggers is highly suspicious of the effect not working correctly.

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The way they have designed graveyard gems is you only get X amount per unique card. The number of duplicates in your gy doesn't matter, and the game keeps track of which gy gem belongs to which unique card. So basically Ebondeath will make up to 3 gy gems when a card goes into a gy, but once those 3 gems are on the board you don't get any more until both 1) some/all of them get removed and 2) another card enters the gy to trigger the gem creation.