Which operating system do you use for MPQ

111MCH111
111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler

Which operating system do you use for MPQ 73 votes

Android
53%
KolenceStranger DanabmorazdivouneCT1888tiomonoJackDeath666Captain_CarlmanTheXManmaguirenumber6KGBHalleckTenebraeqandolsReecohAnonTPF AlexiscaptainheathjameshPiMacleod 39 votes
iOS 8
1%
111MCH111 1 vote
iOS 9
0%
iOS 10
12%
PorkBellyWonko33Trilateraluspheregasbluewolfhelix72MrEd95argle_bargleJupiter79 9 votes
Other / unknown
32%
sinnerjflneodukeStevO-JTrerasDhaunasMoosePrimeWarbringaLLohm[Deleted User]TriSentinelAmsha3garAlfje17brolltchipleyjneidusPtahhotepPalookavillejp1spidyjedi84Neoktheone 24 votes

Comments

• 111MCH111
    iOS 8

Upcoming iOS 8 and 9 Incompatibility (2/20/20)

LakeStone20 Feb 2020

Hi Everyone - 

We wanted to provide advance notice that sometime shortly after March 15, 2020, Marvel Puzzle Quest will no longer be compatible with Apple devices using iOS 9 or earlier. The minimum spec the game will support will be iOS 10 at that time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you!

• Amsha3gar
    Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Other / unknown

Windows

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other / unknown

Current IOS.

• Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Other / unknown

Using Windows

This poll, even if it went the way you are hoping, won't change the upcoming incompatibility with iOS 8 & 9

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    iOS 10

ios 10 came out in 2016.

I mean I'm not unsympathetic to the annoyance of forced upgrades to keep using the software you like, but that's what all the companies do.

Maybe it's a good time to stop playing MPQ if it's going to cause so many problems for you.

• Kungfullama12
    Kungfullama12 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Other / unknown

Current iOS is 13.3.1.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Other / unknown

Linux here, the game works great using Steam Play.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other / unknown

Should have probably posted Steam as an option, that is what I use :)

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor

Yes, but the underlying OS must be at least Windows 7. Use of Windows XP was excluded in patch R140, along with Vista btw, which I was still using.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Other / unknown

Current iOS and Android.

• 111MCH111
    iOS 8

Clear results and I understand that the iOS old version is not being used by anyone else. Thank you all for your help.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other / unknown

Current iOS.

Weird poll... What are you using:

• Android in general (version-less)
    • 3 multi-year old versions of iOS
    • Other, completely skipping many major platforms

Can't say the results of almost all all votes being Android or other vs ancient versions of iOS...

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor

It's almost an achievement still playing on a device that has iOS 8 or 9. I still have an iPod Touch that runs iOS6, but that's nothing more than a music player now.

• 111MCH111
    iOS 8

Thx, I guess.

My 8 and 10 year old sons play on iPad 2 and IPad 3 myself. Just before this poll I have replaced the iPads 2 for two new iPad 2018. Now I was upset that the developers of MPQ force me to replace the IPad 3 too. The iPhones are much younger, no issues there.

credits to 🍏 those old model IPads are indestructible and still running. I am very happy with them. Inevitable replacement can only be postponed.....as I already mentioned above, this was a personal poll to find out if many people still use the big power adapter generation or the smaller, newer models. End result 1% old and 99% newer models. Pretty good poll results. Thank you all for your insights! 😎

• gascangascan
    gascangascan Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Other / unknown
    Am I weird b/c I use PC?  Does anyone else use Steam anymore?

I just started that way, too late to start over, and I rarely leave the compound anyway. I have a mobile account, but I use Bluestacks - and barely have any characters.

I like the effects better on PC - but I also have the option of turning them off in-game - and tweaking my video card to 10fps - makes banner/text animations instant.

Good for when it's 6:50 am - you have 5 nodes to go, and the NPC's are being tryhards.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    iOS 10
    Am I weird b/c I use PC?  Does anyone else use Steam anymore?

I just started that way, too late to start over, and I rarely leave the compound anyway. I have a mobile account, but I use Bluestacks - and barely have any characters.

I like the effects better on PC - but I also have the option of turning them off in-game - and tweaking my video card to 10fps - makes banner/text animations instant.

Good for when it's 6:50 am - you have 5 nodes to go, and the NPC's are being tryhards.
    There are approximately 350 Steam users in total.  No joke.  So yes, some do.

But it's approx 0.14% of the total users.