Time to revisit the argument between board movers & NPCs re: auto AP generation

Options
2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Beta Ray Bill passively generates AP, which isn't the same as goon auto-gen, but it still is a thing that is hard to avoid with that team.

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

question for those who dont see an issue with this. would you be in favour of returning gambit to 2.0 status?

for the record, i am (does that make me a hypocrite)?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The jump from A to B comes from:

"but a team that gets free ap and a turn to move the board is a bit too much to deal with in some cases. "

Half-health Thor do just that on offense and it's fine. If AI do that, it's unfair or it's cheating.

I don't have an issue with that, but the context is different. You are comparing between two goons feeding a character vs a character self-feeding and locking allies from firing powers in red and purple.

When I face team of goons and characters, I will down the mover first and the two goons will be rendered useless because their powers are mostly CDs.

When I face pre-nerf Gambit and two characters, chances are he will be teamed up with two powerful characters. You won't catch him getting teamed up with characters the likes of 4* Sam Wilson and 4* Kingpin. If Gambit is downed, all those red and purple ap fired by his allies are going to hurt.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Agreed with Hound and other vets...

I dont see an issue, but i DO understand where the gripe comes in. Imagine if we the players could roster a Muscle!! Auto AP generation, and a pretty great AOE blue CD, and a decent yellow one.

We'd have pre-nerf 3* Gambit on our hands again. Remember that? All-black-only 3* Gambit, Thing, and Spider Gwen. Horribly broken!

But honestly, it was broken and nerfed for reasons. These auto AP generator teams have never hit such broken heights. They might be hard, but there's a way. Your roster might not have the answer every time though, and its important to remember that just because you might not be able to beat it, doesnt mean its broken.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

Can't see a definitive answer to this, because for me personally it depends on the event, and the node. I've had some challenge nodes that were impossible for me to do at 650 no matter who I brought, and there were some that I could get through with Thorkoye/Iceman or Strange/Gritty without losing much health at all.

It isn't always just the challenge node either, I had a pretty rough time on the 5E with BRB, because of how undercovered mine is once I got to the 3rd and 4th clears. Personally, I don't think it would really ruffle the feathers of the folks who find themselves enjoying this level of challenge too much if they took at another look at enemy health and damage numbers. It can still feel challenging without needing to feel futile.