Mission Accomplished

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd like to thank the devs for the release of CL10. Not because it was particularly well thought out. Not because it isn't just more grinding. Not because the 650 node was released much differently than it was described.

I'd like to thank the devs for the release of CL10 because it effectively wiped out the Nerf Bishop Threads on the main page.*

*Please nerf Bishop ;)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is this thread marking the beginning of a long and bloody insurgency?

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

In all seriousness SCL 10 is a great improvement. It's challenging and rewards appropriately. If you don't like it stay in 9 or below until your roster is better ready for the challenge. SCL 9 was way too hard for me when it came out, I stayed in 7 and 8 until my roster was good enough to move up.

• pheregas
    Options

LOL. I like the increase in rewards. I can totally complete it. I just literally don't have an extra hour+ to play a day.

If I feel like going all the way in for an event, I'll do so. Until then, I'll play lower so at least I can gain all the awards in a lower CL.

• broll
    Options

So what's the problem, you've already decided it's not to you and went down? I'm not playing an extra hour+ and I'm enjoying it, so I'll stay there.

• pheregas
    Options

Yeah. Biggest problem is the extra time commitment. I also, in the first run, was playing for placement, which is apparently not what CL10 was designed for.

So I dropped back down and have now mitigated my expectations.

Next event, I'll probably move back up to CL10 with the goal of progression only and see how that feels. But trying to grind out CL10, then 4-clear the next sub during my lunch hour was... Unfeasible...

• broll
    edited February 2020
    Options

Now you know how it feels for people in time slices where there schedule makes placement unfeasible for every PvE event. It sucks. SCL 10 at least gives me decent rewards for progression.

• RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options

I'm a 4* player, usually doing 7 or 8. I usually play until the 4* progression reward, or less, most events. I am happy with T100 or even T200 finishes. I tried 10 for the symbiote event and it was great. Grinding trivials with JugGritty for a bit each day (and a few essentials) got me my 4* reward. Did not try the challenge nodes, pretty certain to fail with my roster. But it was fun as "time off" with better rewards for time spent. I also skipped day 1 and have been hanging just outside T100 from the time I joined, so event rewards shod be ok. I will bounce back and forth between 7,8 and 10 but I liked it as a "sometimes food"

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Progression only FTW!

Im with @broll on this one.

Never liked the time commitment for speed clearing. Im not sacrificing specific times of day just for the game! Id rather play when i can, and get maximum rewards through that.