Suggestion on patch notes.

How about making the patch notes viewable from within the app - or at least letting us know within the app that a patch has occurred?

I have never seen a company that has a moronic of a patch notes policy as this one, where the only place you can find the patch notes is on a server that you have to search for, and the first thing you know about a patch is because you go to use an ability only to find out that it has been changed on you.

Absolutely **** stupid.

Comments

• Actually, when they roll out the updates via android or apple, it tells you in the update section of your app store/play store the basics of the change, and refers you to the forums to "View Full Patch Notes".
  • Actually, when they roll out the updates via android or apple, it tells you in the update section of your app store/play store the basics of the change, and refers you to the forums to "View Full Patch Notes".

Perhaps you should look and make sure you know what you are talking about before you open your trap. The only updates that you get notes on that way are releases. Most patches do not require full releases and thus get sent out with absolutely no warning or notes.

Example - I challenge you to find any notes about the changes to Spider Man in the update section of the app store.

Go ahead, I'll be waiting.
  • zhadum wrote:
    Perhaps you should look and make sure you know what you are talking about before you open your trap.

First, must you be so aggressive? icon_neutral.gif We're all here trying to make the game better and to help each other out. I was pointing out that when you have to download a patch, it does in fact tell you the basics and refers you to the forums for more info. Not that it is much info or even useful info sometimes, but it's still presented and available. A better complaint would to be more forthcoming about ALL changes and not just the ones they think we deserve to know about.
    zhadum wrote:
    The only updates that you get notes on that way are releases. Most patches do not require full releases and thus get sent out with absolutely no warning or notes.

Example - I challenge you to find any notes about the changes to Spider Man in the update section of the app store.

Go ahead, I'll be waiting.

Second, IceIX posted here in the forum on MAY 14TH about the upcoming changes. And shortly thereafter, an IN APP pop-up warned people about the changes and directed them to the forums for several days BEFORE the nerf took effect. Now if you are click happy and passed it up instead of reading it, no one's fault but your own.

I am in no way defending D3, if you click on my name icon_arrow.gif and view my posts, my LARGEST complaint is about lack of communication. Hell, I'll even link my latest for you... (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8142)

But in the instance of the Spidey nerf, they actually did notify people and refer them here to read up on the changes. So your example is flawed and dismissed.

Based on your original post, it appears that you are angry because you missed out on knowing about the Spidey nerf. Even though it was one of the most widely discussed topics by the forumites for the last several weeks, there were in fact patch notes listed here on the forums, and there was in game app notification. The notification about spidey nerf is actually one of the only times that I can't complain about communication. And AGAIN, lack of communication is my biggest complaint.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I appreciate your efforts to keep this thread, and by extension, this board, civil.

As an example, I don't recall the "sharding" of longer-playing gamers into their own brackets mentioned in the patch notes or the Android store updaes. As was mentioned here, not all changes warrant a new version. This games downloads new files in-game, and some changes, such as scoring methods and player grouping, happen on the server-side.

It would be nice if d3 were more forthright about those things.
  • BearVenger wrote:
    I appreciate your efforts to keep this thread, and by extension, this board, civil.

As an example, I don't recall the "sharding" of longer-playing gamers into their own brackets mentioned in the patch notes or the Android store updaes. As was mentioned here, not all changes warrant a new version. This games downloads new files in-game, and some changes, such as scoring methods and player grouping, happen on the server-side.

It would be nice if d3 were more forthright about those things.

Thank you.

And Sharding was mentioned by Ice in a passing note, I believe, before they did it. It was supposed to prevent server crashes. 2 days after implemented, server crash. LOL.

And as far as the rules behind MMR, Scaling, Ruberbanding, Event scoring, and the like, D3 has kept us completely in the dark. Forum member shave figured it out and posted it. But it seems as if it's always changing as soon as we figure out the rules. Which is in a HUGE problem. Ever changing rules means no one can ever get the maximum benefits of playing the game.