Letting the "Cat" out of the bag?

jtsings
jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
"One Hit Wonder" again reminds me of the unavoidable passive damage dealer Kitty.  How does everyone feel about events, ie: Scarlet Witch, Luke Cage 3* and Iron Fist 3*, that allow Kitty to deal damage almost every turn?  As always feel free to explain your reasons why you choose the way you did.

Sidenote:  I'm not sure if some are saying: oh here's that poll guy again, but really my main goal is to focus on a topic people are already talking about in forum posts.  Hopefully the developers can see these polls and get a general sense from people about whether or not something is an issue.  Keep in mind there are also lots of people, on the forum, that don't want to take time to compose a post, so this is a way for them to give their opinion without taking the time to write something.

Letting the "Cat" out of the bag? 46 votes

That's one of reasons I champed Kitty because she is well suited for matchups against characters that create passive or special tiles
26%
jackstar0Amsha3garBrigadierbleuAnonFriarbundyjp1ElReyFelixChitownMoonKnightgrumbLEGOGodzillafan67Kungfullama12 12 votes
It doesn't really bother me, I don't really see her that much these or any other PVP events
0%
I actually dread these PVP's because I either don't have a usable Kitty or I do and think it's a bit or a lot OP
8%
WarbringabluewolfPalookavilleStillMonsoon3 4 votes
It doesn't bother me because I have the tools/champs to be able to take care of her teams easily or I enjoy the challenge
45%
KolenceSnowcaTTabmorazMrBowerstiomonoMoosePrimeSTOPTHISJackDeath666[Deleted User]killahKlownBlackWidow70Bobby_LishezReecohNotBAMFPiMacleodHilkhelix72spidyjedi84658_2Southside84 21 votes
It bothers me but the resources are worth it so I make due or slog my way through it
2%
bowla33 1 vote
I intentionally play very little or skip these PVPs because they are too frustrating/not worth the effort
4%
Bubba3210Nomad400 2 votes
I don't play PVP or I don't play it enough for it to bother me
10%
Trilateralusrg72ScofieMrEd95Ed_Dragonrider 5 votes
Other
2%
TPF Alexis 1 vote

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't bother me because I have the tools/champs to be able to take care of her teams easily or I enjoy the challenge
    There are a couple seasons that I think "Oh hey - every single character matches well with Kitty".  The remove tile ability every turn is annoying when you're forced to use those characters, for sure. I've seen a ton of Kitty teams hitting well above their typical "weight" this event, for sure.

Still almost 100% of the time matched with 4* Grocket (if Kitty is the only or one of their few 5*'s) or now Beta-RB - and that's still where Kitty becomes deadly. The single tile is annoying; the being able to start buffing the massive amount of initial free-spammed tiles is what allows the 450 Kitties to kill much, much higher level teams.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently (two days ago) finished covering Kitty, but I lucked out by getting five purple Kitty covers back when they had that amazing Jessica Jones/Kitty/Okoye store. It's a real game changer - Scarlet Witch went from top priority to lowest, simply because Kitty would slurp down her tile and then do a nasty face-punch as a follow-up.

I think her purple is very powerful, and *feels* like a 5* power - almost always useful, and deadly in the right situation. I also like the fact that she can also be easily be shot-down by a 3-star power - 3* Storm's black power will keep her so occupied with busy work (like a vampire having to count grains of rice before entering a house) that she never gets around to doing anything useful. She's flustered by UItron sentries. Also, even just two passive special tile generators can juggle her at times - Kitty vs. 3* fist and 3* Witch can certainly make her one confused Kitty, lunging between targets without getting the chance to land the killing pounce. There's a lot of solutions to Kitty's purple across many different star levels, so I don't think it needs a nerf.

As for her yellow - I never hear any complaints about it unless it's with Grockett (or I guess BRB? I haven't really faced a decently covered BRB yet in the wild) - but I suspect nerfing Grockett would cause mass outrage. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:
    [...](like a vampire having to count grains of rice before entering a house) [...]
    Just here to give you a slow clap for working this little known piece of vampire lore into the conversation. I love whenever it turns up, like that one X-Files where mulder escaped that pizza delivery vampire by knocking over a thing of toothpicks lol

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other
    PuceMoose said:
    Also, even just two passive special tile generators can juggle her at times - Kitty vs. 3* fist and 3* Witch can certainly make her one confused Kitty, lunging between targets without getting the chance to land the killing pounce. There's a lot of solutions to Kitty's purple across many different star levels, so I don't think it needs a nerf.
    That's always been my solution as well. If I have to bring along a Character who's going to be making Kitty-bait every turn, I'll bring two. Medusa works particularly well, since matching her Countdown leads toward the vampire vs. rice situation rather than accelerating the Circuit Breaker.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kitty is the most broken character in the game, in my opinion. I like her. She helps me A LOT, but she's way worse than Bishop and Cap.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    That's one of reasons I champed Kitty because she is well suited for matchups against characters that create passive or special tiles

Was happy to finally champ Kitty, with the shardsplosion and have been using gritty to great effect in pve and pvp since scl 10 opened up. It’s just a really efficient way to burn through opponents.