Should the PVP Heroic 10-Pack reward be changed to a Mighty 10-Pack?

Godzillafan67
Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
Once a player achieves 4000 points in a PVP season, they are awarded a Heroic 10-Pack. Now that Mighty Tokens have debuted, should the reward be changed to a Mighty 10-Pack (well, 10 Mighty Tokens as it were since there's actually no such thing as a Mighty 10-pack... yet)?

Should the PVP Heroic 10-Pack reward be changed to a Mighty 10-Pack? 42 votes

Yes
83%
PuceMoosechamber44xKOBALTxMojoWildabmorazTiggidaTrilateralusDhaunasWarbringaTony_Foot[Deleted User]rg72KGBBarbarizenowthechairmantchipleyTenebraeBrigadierbleuReecohsoontir 35 votes
No
4%
bluewolfrobertbah 2 votes
Other
11%
KolenceMoosePrimebrollHilkpeterdark 5 votes

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    Of course, I get that now in CL10 but the whole point of a cure for dilution was to help transition players and so far nothing has improved on that side. I feel for you three star players. Spend or get out to be honest.
  • Godzillafan67
    Yes
    @OJSP, though I didn't know that SCL10 already had this, I would say yes to the lower SCLs having this as well. After all, it's not too long into the game that one transitions into the 3* tier, so the Mightys would be consistently more helpful there. Then for those in the 4* transition, the Heroic 10-pack is an unremarkable reward whereas 10 Mightys have a better chance of yielding some useful covers.

Since the 10-pack has the built-in requirements of playing PVP and earning 4000 points, I'm not certain that there would be a need to gate this change.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other
    It already has been, see SCL 10.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Now I wish I could change my vote!

Sure, change it for people who can't play in SCL10 yet.  There are 90 bajillion 4's in the game, give players a chance at a random 1-2 more after playing PVP to 4000 points.
  • Godzillafan67
    Yes
    OJSP said:
    @OJSP, though I didn't know that SCL10 already had this, I would say yes to the lower SCLs having this as well.
    Cool. Just asking for a clarification. I had a feeling you might not be aware of it.

Personally, I have no problem with your suggestion. Hopefully that would encourage people to play more. More players playing Versus means more points to go around.
    I'm currently SR101, almost 102, and hope to hit 120 before next season ends.

Admittedly, this poll originated from my getting 8 2*s and 2 3*s in my 10-pack. Womp womp and all that. Still, it both fights dilution (as @bluewolf points out) and increases roster slot pressure (as D3 seems to like).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    Yeah, if you're hitting 4k then that's definitely worth a mighty 10 pack.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    Definitely - there's nothing quite like the cruel sting of getting ten 2* from the heroic-10-pack season reward (this has happened to me eight times so far in my MPQ adventure), and getting ten 3* would at least feel less painful, with all of the gold shinies easing the hurt.

In counterpoint to the above, I did once receive 13 3* from a heroic 10-pack (8 3*, 2 2*, 5 bonus 3* heroes), so luck has certainly swung both ways for me.  :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually pulled two 4* from my Season "10 pack" so the odds seemed OK however as one of these was Talos I confirm that you can still get 2* from Mighty Tokens.