The Sheer Amount of Bugs is Disturbing

Muhhh
Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
Take a look at the bugs and technical issues page. The number of issues being raised since the update is insane. I’ve experienced soft locks and hard shutdowns/crashes from cards that didn’t act that way before the update. It is clear that many others are as well. Can we get an update where everything doesn’t change? Where we don’t have to sacrifice playing cards (you’ll never know which ones until it crashes on you and even then...) because they are extremely buggy? Can someone please do some QC before releasing an update (let’ not even mention that nobody seems to know what was updated.) I’ve been playing this game for nearly three years, have seen it through all kinds of stages of disfunction, but still come back to play because I Love Magic the Gathering. I’m at the edge though and cannot see myself continuing to play if this is going to be the norm. Please focus on fixing the game we all love to play. 

Comments

• Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you... :P

Seeing as I just came here to report the "Summon" bug in the new event, I'm sadly not surprised at all.

As a software QA for dec-...er.. a long time, this game continues to sadly surprise me on how poor the testing quality appears to be.

Developers should do unit testing and QA should do proper testing. And if Oktagon has actual QA, they need some serious training.

• Pantagruel
    Pantagruel Posts: 79 Match Maker

Is TdR supposed to have the 'Cipher' support card in it, for the first time ever? I'm guessing, no.

I mean, at this point, who cares. It makes it easier to cast 3 12 cost spells, so, tell you what, don't even bother to fix it.

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker

This last patch was really disheartening. There's a ton of old bugs - i mean stuff that was fixed literally years ago, that is showing up again. I just...it's not just the software that's broken, it's the system for keeping track of the codebase that is horribly broken somehow. There's no other explanation. And until they fix that, fixing individual bugs is just like trying to catch smoke in a net. So they fix something, great, how many patches will it stay fixed for, 1, 2? Maybe 5 if we're lucky? Anybody tested Ambuscade lately?

• Pantagruel

Maybe they should introduce a bug bounty so we wouldn't mind finding so many all the time :)

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020

I had this thought the other day, then I realized they wouldn’t be able to afford it

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

Try replicating this one yup tons of fun. Took us a couple of days to figure it out.

• __Adam
    __Adam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler

At this point I don't bother to read the cards, I just play them and see what they do. Less disappointing if you have no expectations.

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker

They could easily fix all the bugs by changing the text to what the cards actually do. Problem solved! ;)

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards

Finale of the Game

When you cast this card, reboot the app

• Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    @jtwood The problem with that is there are too many cards that would have to be converted to "Finale of the Game." Perhaps just make that an Evergreen ability.
  • Pantagruel
    @jtwood The problem with that is there are too many cards that would have to be converted to "Finale of the Game." Perhaps just make that an Evergreen ability.
    Someone design a little 'bug' icon they can put on cards :)