PLEASE! Make the BORING mindless ones nodes/events worth my valuable time to play

Yepyep
Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
edited February 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
A thousand^2 times we've asked, complained, pleaded, demanded: SPEED IT UP!

FIX the mindless ones-nodes so that they're not killingly tedious. I hate this part of the game. HATE. It makes me want to quit.

What more can I say? It's horrible? It's broken? It's tedious? It's obviously bad design?

Please. Fix it.

EDIT:

3.2.1. Blind Wolf howls: it's on purpose. How can you not appreciate it? Revenue will flow and the game will prosper, all because the mindless ones are slow to propagate their specials. The game couldn't possibly continue without this brilliant, counterintuitive feature. Utility is proved by unpopularity.

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    That BRB 5e node where you get the joy of swallowing every last green stinking eye beam tile bescause the board is locked up and Kitty does not prioritize a 1 green CD over a 3 purple CD. Hate it! You're right, it's pure torture to play these nodes.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2020

someday....
  • qandols
    Ehh, maybe I'm dense but what does the above mean? That the game could start up quicker?
  • Yepyep
    qandols said:
    Ehh, maybe I'm dense but what does the above mean? That the game could start up quicker?
    I'm sorry, @ursopro, I also don't know what your vid-clip is showing...
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    I like mindless ones, they can delay all those 5*thanos and 50%thorkoye players that often monopolize top pve positions and give chance for  other players to take their place every now and then. Easy game is not a fun game for all. 
  • qandols
    @Mayo You must like pain  :D
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate the mindless ones. As far as I'm concerned they can remove them from the game and I wouldn't be sad. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    BagPuss said:
    Mayo said:
    I like mindless ones, they can delay all those 5*thanos and 50%thorkoye players that often monopolize top pve positions and give chance for  other players to take their place every now and then. Easy game is not a fun game for all. 
    If the fast players are being slowed down, what do you think is happening to the slower players?
    Hahaha. I was second fastest finishing my opening clears in the mindless sub. Guess what I mostly used? Thanos/Strange. 
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Yepyep said:
    qandols said:
    I'm sorry, @ursopro, I also don't know what your vid-clip is showing...

ok, the gif above is the speed that you should get after the engine update, sadly, it appears to be bugged (or working as intended, who knows) and it only works after you restart your game and only for the first clear, any subsequent clears without restarting it bring us back to our usual Mindless schedule which is this one:
    See the difference?
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2020
    BagPuss said:
    Mayo said:
    If the fast players are being slowed down, what do you think is happening to the slower players?
    Slower players do not mind and there is have a chance that faster players are delayed and lose position in favor of other players breaking the top player monopoly once a while. Those are the events my gritty+jugs team may beat 5* thanos teams in top positioning✌🏻😁
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    @PiMacleod

Back in the day, Ultron goons were a major reason for implementing SCL scaling vs roster based scaling. 

I fear the node with L650 Ultron goons.  Praying it never materializes. 
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Mindless Ones are still faster than Venom Bomb symbiotes.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    Yes, their speed (or lack thereof) is annoying.

Other than that, i don't mind fighting them.  You wanna talk annoying??  How 'bout dem Ultron Sentries?  Specifically the green eyed ones who destroy a random bottom-half-column because they dont have enough SAP tiles.  Which then inevitably hits your tiles. Which causes cascades.  Which eventually lets enough SAP tiles "randomly" generate... Which allows the other bots to heal up, or make crits, etc.

And wait!  I didnt even mention that they get to take a turn and move something!

So, go ahead and complain about mindless ones.  They slow down the beginning of a match... But i personally hate the sentries more.  Just my views, obviously.
    i usually count the number of attacks they get per turn. it's in the 3-7 range typically. what with the column destruction, subsequent cascades, their actual tile move, any further cascades, and then the attack tiles at the end.  fun times...
  • Yepyep
    edited February 2020
    I hate the mindless ones. As far as I'm concerned they can remove them from the game and I wouldn't be sad. 
    👆🏼This is how I feel about sentinels.

In truth, I like the Mindless Ones because I've always been a Dr. Strange fan and they're awesome in the comics. Plus they look cool and they're strong so that's fun -- it's just the tedium of waiting for their moves to resolve...

EDIT: @PiMacleod you beat me to it. I couldn't agree with you more about sentries...