How are you doing with your 4* pulls on your Mighty tokens?

Options
GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
So, I've been doing miserably poorly with the Mighty tokens - out of 67 pulls I've gotten 2 4*s.  That's.... getting to the point where I'm starting to wonder if there's a problem there.  That's 3% - one fifth of the stated 15%.  67 isn't a really, really big sample size, of course, and this could just be bad luck, but I figured I it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone else has noticed really bad odds with their Mighty tokens.

In particular, if you're tracking them, I'd love to know if you, too, are getting more than statistically unlucky with these...

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish to god I had tracked them, my rate of them is appalling. I must have pulled 30 before I even saw my first 4 star. People have been saying the same on discord for a while. I would love to know my actual stats because they have to be well below stated.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Wow....that is terrible.  I haven't been keeping track but I have felt that my pull rate is probably around 15%.  I know I have received about 3 or 4 4* covers from them but I haven't pulled anywhere close to 67 of them.  

Edit: I just opened 3 Mighty Tokens after posting this and received 3 4* in a row so, I apologize Grimskald but I appear to be taking all of your luck as I certainly now have pulled 6 or 7 4* in well less than 60 pulls.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I started playing at CL10 for both PVP and PVE and that just makes the Mighty Tokens Flow.  Before last Thursday I was probably below 40 - I just pulled the 10 Mighty tokens from PVP progression at CL10 and got 0 4*, so that got me thinking.

Bad streaks happen - since we had someone solicit for Legendary Pulls logs back in 2016 I've specifically tracked very Legendary pull, which makes it easy to see what my actual pull % is (15.31%, at the moment) but also see my good and bad streaks.  My worst streak was somewhere around 50 pulls without a single 5*, but I counted my other streaks and that was kind of an outlier, I think the next lowest was in the high 30s.  20 pulls without any 5*s happen all the time, though.

It really does help for perspective, and I'm hoping it will even out in the long run, but as I said, it doesn't hurt to ask - it could theoretically be a bug (unlikely, I think, but not impossible.)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0 for 43.  Meaning I've opened 0 of the 43 tokens I've earned.  I just stockpile them like the rest of my tokens.  When I want to chase a 4* character- maybe a 10th cover for shield training, or to get a particular 5* cover from a feeder- I'll open them... after I open the 400+ Heroics I'm also hoarding for the same reason.  Shards are fun!

(Seriously though, I will have to make it a point to track the actual pull rate, which is something I do with LTs but wouldn't have thought to do with Mighty tokens).
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I haven't counted how many I've pulled. Maybe 20-25.
    Got my first (and only) 4* from one last week.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Haven't tracked them. 

But in the last 2096 latest store pulls I have tracked, the worst runs with only 2 5*s in them were 67 and 66 pulls:

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled two 4s back to back the other day so that was cool. I'm about 800 pts away from my pvp 10 pack so I'm sure most of those will be 3s.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled a 4* when the first Tokens Booster Pack (can't remember the exact name) were available. So far, I've pulled at least 3 4*. I didn't track the pull rate because the probability is the same as LT at 1:7, and I can't be bothered to track 4*. 
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm also hoarding them, only opened five because I needed shards for a previous shield training and am sitting on a respectable 20% rate.  Something something small samples.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haven't tracked them, but I'd bet I'm pulling better than 15%. I can't complain.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i'm not tracking it; to me they are shard factories and whatever falls out of them is whatever.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    haven't pulled a lot, 20-30 ish, but i don't recall pulling a 4 yet.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Haven't tracked them, but I'd bet I'm pulling better than 15%. I can't complain.
    Same here honestly.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very small data point here: I didn't earn many mighty tokens yet, i think maybe a total of 30ish, and opened only 13 so far. 1 out of those 13 was a 4*.
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    I've gotten 2 4* ever on these. have pulled a *lot* of them.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Terribly. They are mostly a waste of time as I don't really want lots of guaranteed 3* covers when I have closed down expanding my farm.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm also at 2 4*s out of however many I've opened. Certainly under the expected return rate though.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    I have not opened a ton, have gotten at least 1 4* but not sure how many.  But, I have gotten zero 2 stars.  So I'm happy with them
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I was thinking of making a similar post. I have yet to get a 4* from a mighty token. I am a 5* player and farm so I've seen my fair share of tokens too. I know RNG can be fickle but I thought there might be a programming issue as well. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I haven't gotten a single 4* from all of the Mighty tokens I've opened.