Split Screen Support

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
Hi!

thinking of switching to android for running MPQ in splitscreen with videos in the other area. CL10 will probably mean I can watch a full movie while playing.

but it seems this is not supporter yet, is that true? Have zero android knowledge...

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt it's worth Demi's time to put much work I to split screen support.  Not enough a user base relative to the dev costs.  But once Android/iIS make split screen support a native feature (I think that has happened for Android 10 right?), then I can see it showing up in mpq.  So maybe once Android 10 is a little more widespread?
  • supergarv
    Dunno, is this something Android 10 can do? Would be cool to know before buying a device ;)
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I watch amazon Prime in a tiny screen in screen as I play. Galaxy s10.

Only way to live.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    When splitscreen support was added to Android for tablet devices, the game malfunctioned if you tried to use it that way.  In response they updated the app to explicitly mark itself as not supporting split screen, so I don't think this is a high priority for them.
  • Ravaaja
    Ravaaja Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    You can actually force turn on splitscreen from the android developer settings. I pretty much always have mpq on splitscreen.

Just keep in mind that it might be a little buggy at times.
  • supergarv
    How does the splitscreen look like then, could you make a Screenshot? And does „a little buggy“ mean, the app crashes? Wouldnt matter for DDQ or Sim, but on pvp hops or pve grinds that would be bad if it happens regularly...?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess it's one of the few benefits for PC/Steam users. I split-screen all the time, "even more time" now with CL10. Woo? Woo.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just play while I'm sitting in front of my TV.