Comparing progression rewards across SHIELD Clearance Levels

Aweberman
Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
For reference.

And a direct comparison of CL 9 (old vs. new):

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    CL9, old vs new, why are we losing 10 CP, what the...   50 5* shards does not equal 10 CP at all.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl said:
    CL9, old vs new, why are we losing 10 CP, what the...   50 5* shards does not equal 10 CP at all.
    Is it not?

CP only buys one thing legendary tokens.
    Legendary tokens cost either 25 CP or 20 CP for a 1:7 chance at a 5*
    So 10 CP = 1/2 1:7 chance at a 5* or 2/5 1:7 chance at a 5*
    50 5* shards would be 1/10 a 5*

That seems similar equivalent to me.  If anything IMO it's better because it has 0 RNG.  6 out of 7 times that 10 CP would have went to 4* vs a 5*.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    CP can be used on Latests, which are guaranteed to give you a specific 5* in Latests.

50 shards of some random classic 5* will be completely useless most of the time.

Covering the Latests is what matters (because its the easiest way to cover a 5*), this hurts quite a bit. Same playtime, less rewards. I am not thrilled.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    So far the indication seems to be that the rewards will be for the current 5E (or next for placement).
    As far as we know the rotation is still LLLCC so 3 out of 5 times the shards will also be for latest.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 out of every 3 PvE use a 5* that is in latest. So the 50 shards will in fact be for someone who is relevant to you. By the time a 5* rotates out of latest they are typically featured in 4 PvE events which would yield 200 shards (4/10ths of a cover).

Over that same time frame you'd collect 10 CP per event or 120 CP (4x for that character + 8x for the other PvE's in between). 120 CP isn't even enough CP for a single 5* cover on average.

Then factor in the 50 shards for the 8 other PvE events (4 of those will also be for the other 2 latest characters and 4 for the classics).

It's not as bad as you think.

KGB
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Well it is probably a wash overall, you do gain basically slightly over 1 new 4* cover but you are potentially giving up lots of HP from sub event placement and event placement so probably at least 500 HP on a 4 day event?  Overall I think SCL 9 probably lost something if you regularly placed in decent sub event and event placements because 500 HP per event is a big loss for basically only gaining 1 additional 4* cover.  Most casual players though probably  broke even or even slightly gained from the new change.  I also agree that the loss of 10 CP is not directly worth 50 shards of a specific character.  It isn't a huge downgrade but having the flexibility of deciding when & where to spend that CP is valuable and is lost in pure numbers calculations.