Less CP is bad, but I'm not sure we are recognizing the scope of this change

2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also really would like to finish as many of my 5s as I can, but up to now spending into Latest is the only road I've found to make meaningful headway on 5*s. Even if LTs just went away, and were replaced in rewards by all-cp, i'm not entirely sure I'd commit to all-classics again. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't say Hawkeye is an essential champ to have.  But otherwise, I agree with your overall point.  I'm glad for others that Kitty and Okoye get 5 billion special stores a year, but I would love to make some progress on some of my bottom tier 5s too.  But I know that doesn't make them money and I'm in the minority.
    Essential maybe a hard term, but his value has definitely skyrocketed cause of worthy Cap. I could substitute O or Thor in his place, but just used him cause mine is a sad 9/13 and I would love to have that pvp defensive team.

I have 30 5* champs and he's like a huge hole that is actually needed with the current meta and slow bottom shards are too slow to make an impact.
    I hear you.  Hawkeye clocked in at #8 in my 5* ranking thread (if you don't count my "Bishop is the #1 5-star" joke), so he's definitely top tier now.  I feel about Black Bolt (who I only have ranked at #14) the way you do about Barton.  Like, dang if I could just get him champed, I'd have the top 25 (IMO) 5* characters in the game!  And no I didn't even think about that 40 dollar shard offer that popped up today.  So alas, he stays at an abysmal 5/1/1.  I'm not paying my way out of this dilution issue.

• GreenArmadillo
    GreenArmadillo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I am primarily concerned with 3->4 transition because this has been the last 18 months of my MPQ time. Less HP will make it harder to roster the insanely unnecessarily large pool of 4 stars for people who have not already done so.  That said, the part that really sucked the life out of the transition was having all these 4 stars you can't level to be comparable to your 3 star champs until you have 10 or so covers.

The real test will be how far you can cover the soon to be released 4 star in SCL 7-8 during the time before they leave the current release rotation. It looks like 2 covers per event, so I am cautiously optimistic that a 3 star player can actually start using the new release 4 stars way earlier than was feasible previously. That would be a huge improvement over playing 3 star Strange for months or years.

Hoarding also looks a bit different, since rostering new release 5 stars will make it easier to max progression.

It is still backwards that you need 5 star champs to farm 4 star covers in a time efficient manner, but that is no different than it was.