**** Karnak (The Shatterer) ****

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    @IceIX - Does One Hit Wonder start Feb 13 instead of 16.
    There will be a Gamora Versus on the 13th, Karnak's comes after that. I'll be updating the Sneak Peek likely sometime tomorrow.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    @IceIX - Does One Hit Wonder start Feb 13 instead of 16.
    There will be a Gamora Versus on the 13th, Karnak's comes after that. I'll be updating the Sneak Peek likely sometime tomorrow.
    But I want it NOW!

/Veruca Salt
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    His protect tile is crazy: 1 damage off the bat against most 4* characters.

His match damage boost is even crazier: 560% damage increase.

And 3 critical tiles for just 8ap? What's more, his critical multiplier is 4.5x. 

It's a must chase for me.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    This strikes me as a kit that has a lot of individual elements that are ok by themselves, but might play up significantly when combined.

Spamming criticals with an 8ap active is a bit meh on its own, but add 5x match damage and the resulting cascades seem a lot more tempting.  the black protect is an ok power, but mitigating match damage until the boosted match damage kicks in is interesting.

The 10 AP red seems like the worst power, and he is very squishy.

Overall he seems like a modok/wolfsbane level release.  Perfectly well designed character.  But like all new 4*s he will struggle to compete with level 320+ 4* champs, let alone 5* rosters.  So additional growth in the 4* still seems like a waste of effort for all involved.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm imagining him at 5/4/4 paired with HE/Worthy Cap in Simulator vs Gritty/Bishop teams and other 5* teams who trigger Worth Cap.

On your 2nd turn you'll drop the Blue to create 3 crits then drop the red to destroy those that haven't resolved already. Should pretty much clear out most of the board and the Gritty attack tiles and potentially 1 shot the enemy Bishop who jumps in front to eat this massive damage.

KGB
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Northstar is required in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training? That took the wind out.
    It’s complete garbage, and D3 should know better
    Oh, for sure they know better -- they should DO better.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    What are we getting for pve on the 16th? This states Hearts of Darkness but the last sneak peek has Venom Bomb. Please clarify.
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I'm looking at that Crit Explodey at 5 covers and wondering how much fun it would be after a Gamma Powerbomb...
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I know everyone is wondering why northstar is in shield training, but I just want to know why we have red hulk instead of Main event Hulk.

That would be fun with all the crit tiles. Chavez would be good too
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not as knowledgeable about comics as some others, but Karnak seems like a mutant Iron Fist
  • HoundofShadow
    I think some have taken the dev's "leniency" in thr past 4 shield training for granted and they are getting a shock. This matter requiring Northstar that soon has been going on for months before the last 4 shield trainings. I'm shocked that these vets are shocked.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    MrEd95 said:
    I know everyone is wondering why northstar is in shield training, but I just want to know why we have red hulk instead of Main event Hulk.

That would be fun with all the crit tiles. Chavez would be good too

MEHulk would also fit thematically very nicely with Valkyrie.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think some have taken the dev's "leniency" in thr past 4 shield training for granted and they are getting a shock. This matter requiring Northstar that soon has been going on for months before the last 4 shield trainings. I'm shocked that these vets are shocked.

You keep saying this but I don't remember things being vastly different to normal?
  • HoundofShadow
    The last 4 shield training required older characters. If this is not considered being "lenient", then I don't know what is.
  • DAZ0273
    The last 4 shield training required older characters. If this is not considered being "lenient", then I don't know what is.

4 in a row? I'm not trying to be contrary, I just don't recall it being any different. You can't count the Christmas ST because they always feature old characters (or you can if you like: I'm not the boss of you now and I'm not so tough :) . I know one was 2099 - I guess I don't really count him as "old" though so that is another conversation, I don't remember the others apart from me not having them at 209! I guess that is my fault...just saying it doesn't feel to me like anything has changed at all.

But as with most things in life...YMMV
  • DAZ0273
    What I do remember is them seemingly with telepathic laser like accuracy always skipping any newer ones I did get to 209!
  • DAZ0273
    So about that Lockjaw blue cover update...
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Oh, man. That's one more character off of my wish list.