R195 is out

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
These are not the release notes you are looking for.

Comments

• dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    These aren't the notes i'm looking for.... move along
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    superhero house of Windsor is the clue.  Captain Britain maybe?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    or maybe the british psylocke?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    A Braddock seems obvious, but which superhero dynasty is the marvel equivalent to the House of Windsor? The Summerses? We have most of them, but we could still be waiting on Havok, Corsair, or....the Goblin Queen Madelyne Pryor even...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Windsor -> Britain -> Captain Britain makes sense.

And then the clue as a metaphor for a "Marvel Comics royal family" pointing to the Summers makes sense. I'd like to see Rachel Summers, personally, but I think Havok makes more sense in covering the classics (which we've seen more of since the MCU has slowed down a little).

And then there's the actual royal family of the Inhumans. Crystal, Karnak, Triton, Gorgon, Maximus, several to pick from there.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Betsy has recently taken up the Captain Britain name, so that could fit in as something Marvel might want to promote.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those are all good guesses.

I suppose Superhero House of Windsor could just be technically "Superhero Royalty" so that could even include Princess Powerful who was a guess for previous releases.

The link to Britain does seem to stand out though. I guess Captain Britain was a member of Excalibur which has links to a mythical English King.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or since Harry is now living in Canada, another Alpha Flight character?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Maybe it's a Barry Windsor-Smith reference, and it'll be that Weapon X wolverine with all the acupuncture needles sticking out of his back while he's wearing VR goggles? been awhile since we've had a Wolverine variant...

If you flip that W upside down, it could be a House of M thing, and we might be getting a Wandavision 4*?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe it's a Barry Windsor-Smith reference, and it'll be that Weapon X wolverine with all the acupuncture needles sticking out of his back while he's wearing VR goggles? been awhile since we've had a Wolverine variant...
    Nude Patch!  Finally!
  • DAZ0273
    Or since Harry is now living in Canada, another Alpha Flight character?

Us Brits aren't allowed to talk about "him" anymore, lol...;)
  • DAZ0273

Or maybe it's Barry Windsor-Smith Conan! He becomes a King!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Think you guys are giving the devs way too much credit.  This is probably just a reference to Mr. Sinister, who has an alias called Robert Windsor.
  • DAZ0273
    That would be incredibly disappointing.

On another note - whilst Mister Sinister is called "Essex" it is actually Captain Britain who is from Essex! Lush, babe, innit!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Think you guys are giving the devs way too much credit.  This is probably just a reference to Mr. Sinister, who has an alias called Robert Windsor.
    I do give them a little more credit than running a hint for a character they released 4 days ago.....

There are definitely characters they can add that fit the hint.  And we know they will keep adding new ones until the game shuts down.  
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    pheregas said:
    I do give them a little more credit than running a hint for a character they released 4 days ago.....

There are definitely characters they can add that fit the hint.  And we know they will keep adding new ones until the game shuts down.  
    Somebody post the meme. You know the one. 
  • pheregas
    bluewolf said:
    pheregas said:

Guess it depends on what they consider the official release.  Sure, $ini$ter is in a special crazy low odds Heroic, but he's not officially in Latest yet.  The timer hasn't even started on his first essential requirement yet as he has to go through the special new release store first.  That's what?  February 17th or so until he hits latest?  Which means another 4* will probably hit two weeks later.  By then we are into March.

But I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.  We'll see what the devs say (or more likely don't say).
  • DAZ0273

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    bluewolf said:
    pheregas said:

Guess it depends on what they consider the official release.  Sure, $ini$ter is in a special crazy low odds Heroic, but he's not officially in Latest yet.  The timer hasn't even started on his first essential requirement yet as he has to go through the special new release store first.  That's what?  February 17th or so until he hits latest?  Which means another 4* will probably hit two weeks later.  By then we are into March.

But I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.  We'll see what the devs say (or more likely don't say).
    My mind assumes his release is official if he is viewable in your roster section, has a store where he is available in game, and had a splash screen saying he is here. 

There is also a splash screen for fallen Angel's comic that has psylocke on the cover. So I would say she is a solid guess.
  • pheregas
    edited February 2020

There is also a splash screen for fallen Angel's comic that has psylocke on the cover. So I would say she is a solid guess.
    Hadn't noticed that yet.  Didn't show up on my device.

Edit:  Or it did...  I just thought nothing of it when it popped up days ago...  Whoopsie...