COT: Wiccan v America Chavez - they had a fight, nobody cared.

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
So that Wiccan guy eh? He sure does have a nice robe thingy and the special effects on his lightning are top notch sparkly. Mine is parked at 209.

Whilst I was waiting for Wiccan to transform into our lord and masters Demiurge, I googled stuff and check this out:

That kitten is totally rocking out!

Sorry...back to the battle...

After a while Chavez kicked me in the face and killed me. So I reluctantly used a healthpack and got back to it. His magic barrier was quite good but Chavez kicked me in the face again and then running shoulder/headbutted me to death.

So whilst I revived him again I went back to looking at guitar playing cats:

I don't think this guy quite got it right!

Oh yeah...so Wiccan v Chavez.

I won the third time, I think she got bored as she gave up kicking me for a while.

I never did transform into Demiurge...

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gave Wiccan (champ level 276?) double+ AP and matched away. Got him quite fast into demi-urge mode and hacked away at Chavez who died pretty soon. But, as said above, who cares? LT was a 4* champ level of some kind.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played this one defensively. Just focused on picking up whatever AP Chavez was getting ahead of me in. Did eventually get enough to power up, and then later, enough to drop some Chain Lightning. Which unfortunately can't actually chain in this matchup, but it's still a pretty nice chunk of damage.
    Token waiting for Mr. Sinister.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    2/2/1 Wiccan with Taskmaster's Sword. Took +2 in each AP boost.

This fight is primarily about three things.
    - transforming ASAP
    - don't let America's AP get too high on her three primary colors
    - yellow for damage reduction and health restore

The low-level Wiccan requires 8 in all AP to transform, but starting with the +2 boosts means only two matches in each color.

Once transformed, board control is easier to maintain and more predictable with horizontal matches, so I always tried to prefer those when possible. It still took awhile to finish this one, and I needed 2-3 sets of Magical Barrier to heal. The fight never felt like it would be in question, but always a chance it was just great first-time luck.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    This fight was an irritating one, as I wanted to see how his transform looked, but I was stuck at 5 yellow AP for the duration of the battle. I had over 20 in every other color, but she made every single available yellow match. I started using some pretty uncharitable language whenever she made another yellow match. Still, my 209 5/4/4 Wiccan swung around taskmasters sword for a while, and eventually she fell over. 
    My reward was a blue MODOK, which was fine by me, as I think he looks sort of fun. He's currently 2/1/1 in my roster (just picked up the first red in PvE earlier today).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020

I hope Wiccan transforms into the Demiurge soon, I've been playing this guitar solo for days and boy are my arms paws tired.